Help: Can't connect FTP on Linksys router

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having trouble with my FTP connection, I can't connect to my host using my Linksys WRT54G wireless router, but if I'm using different internet connection like my friends internet I can connect easily. I'm using Transmit for my FTP.

Anyone here knows how to configure my wireless router so I can connect to my host?

Thanks in advance.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you know how to access the setup menu in your Linksys? Break out your manual to find out how. Make sure you have an ethernet cable handy to attach from the Linksys to your Mac before getting into the setup.

Once in setup, look for a sub menu off the main menu for LAN\WAN. I'm not familiar with the Linksys menus but most routers will have a sub menu either off LAN\WAN or somewhere else, where you may be able to specify options for FTP. Anyway, that's where you probably need to check.

If all else fails, you can always try a reset on the Linksys. Your manual will tell you how to do that.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
Do you know how to access the setup menu in your Linksys? Break out your manual to find out how. Make sure you have an ethernet cable handy to attach from the Linksys to your Mac before getting into the setup.

Once in setup, look for a sub menu off the main menu for LAN\WAN. I'm not familiar with the Linksys menus but most routers will have a sub menu either off LAN\WAN or somewhere else, where you may be able to specify options for FTP. Anyway, that's where you probably need to check.

If all else fails, you can always try a reset on the Linksys. Your manual will tell you how to do that.

Regards.

Hi,

Yes I know how to access the setup menu, what I did is I disabled the "Block Anonymous Internet Requests" under the Firewall option, after that I connected for awhile then when I disconnect and connected again I can't connect to my host again.

This is the error message that I'm getting:
Cmd: PORT 192,168,1,102,193,60
Could not read reply from control connection: Connection reset by peer.

Do you know what it means?

Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I would suggest checking the firmware. This may be an issue that updating the firmware might fix. Here is a link to updates for your router:

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=148648

This is an older router (2005) - it has wireless G speeds which are slow. If updating the firmware does not help I would suggest looking for a newer router.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
This thread is from 2009...

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Please always check the creation date of posts before responding. Anyone responding to a really old post, with low post count and a link in their reply is usually a spammer. So report the post so that we can deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.