Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: isight

  1. #1
    isight
    Adam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 13, 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    284
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
    isight
    Hi,

    Anyone know why the isight isn't on the UK Apple store. Was gonna buy one but can't fnd it!

    Cheers

    Ad

  2. #2
    isight
    Murlyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 11, 2003
    Location
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Posts
    4,915
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    The rumor is that a new iSight might be released on the 12th.. so that could be the reason

  3. #3
    isight
    Adam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 13, 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    284
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
    excellent - will wait til the 12th then ;-)

  4. #4
    isight
    mac57's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 29, 2006
    Location
    St. Somewhere
    Posts
    4,560
    Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    Do the rumors indicate what is new and exciting about the new iSight?

    I currently have one, and have always wished the resolution was higher - megapixel vs. 640x480. Have you heard anything about this?
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

  5. #5
    isight
    Murlyn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 11, 2003
    Location
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Posts
    4,915
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
    Nope not really there hasn't been much speculation at this point.

  6. #6
    isight
    BigBear's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    435
    Specs:
    ibook G4 14in
    funny you ask, i remember hearing something about this on a podcast.
    this is taken from the show notes of Adam Christianson's MacCast


    -in regards to the future of the iSight...
    "Cannot be sold in the EU because it contains components that are on a list of banned substances for import
    Directive on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) adopted in 2003 and went into effect July 1st, 2006
    Other "banned" products include, AirPort Extreme Base Stations (not Express), iPod shuffle External Battery Pack and the eMac."

    my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*

  7. #7
    isight
    Adam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 13, 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    284
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBear
    funny you ask, i remember hearing something about this on a podcast.
    this is taken from the show notes of Adam Christianson's MacCast


    -in regards to the future of the iSight...
    "Cannot be sold in the EU because it contains components that are on a list of banned substances for import
    Directive on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) adopted in 2003 and went into effect July 1st, 2006
    Other "banned" products include, AirPort Extreme Base Stations (not Express), iPod shuffle External Battery Pack and the eMac."
    I read that after a bit of googling. Surely though they are going to address that in the new release?!

  8. #8
    isight
    mac57's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 29, 2006
    Location
    St. Somewhere
    Posts
    4,560
    Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    OK, I am going to attempt to connect a few threads here. Apple is going to make a major product announcement on Tuesday that they say will change the face of home entertainment.

    My speculation is that the announcement will involve iPod and Mac Mini updates. For the Mac Mini, it will be a DVR enabled Mac Mini, likely to be powered by a low end Merom chip. I further speculate that this will be coupled with a wireless enabled iPod which can stream music and video over the air to the Mac Mini, for playback on your stereo/TV depending on the media type.

    Some of this makes great sense. With the new iMacs out, the Mini has to be getting a refresh soon. People have been clamoring forever it seems to add DVR capability to the Mac Mini, turning it into a bit of a home entertainment hub. Finally, Microsoft is about to come out with their Zune player, which is being positioned directly against the iPod, and which features wireless capabilities.

    Take all that, couple it with Apple's "change the face of home entertainment" comment, and you can draw the conclusion I speculate on above. There may be other explanations as well, but this one is a good one IMHO.
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

  9. #9
    isight
    PowerBookG4's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 08, 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac57
    OK, I am going to attempt to connect a few threads here. Apple is going to make a major product announcement on Tuesday that they say will change the face of home entertainment.

    My speculation is that the announcement will involve iPod and Mac Mini updates. For the Mac Mini, it will be a DVR enabled Mac Mini, likely to be powered by a low end Merom chip. I further speculate that this will be coupled with a wireless enabled iPod which can stream music and video over the air to the Mac Mini, for playback on your stereo/TV depending on the media type.

    Some of this makes great sense. With the new iMacs out, the Mini has to be getting a refresh soon. People have been clamoring forever it seems to add DVR capability to the Mac Mini, turning it into a bit of a home entertainment hub. Finally, Microsoft is about to come out with their Zune player, which is being positioned directly against the iPod, and which features wireless capabilities.

    Take all that, couple it with Apple's "change the face of home entertainment" comment, and you can draw the conclusion I speculate on above. There may be other explanations as well, but this one is a good one IMHO.
    You didn't directly refer to the iSight which is what this thread is about. I do not think they will be adding an iSight in the mac mini, in any way. I do think that they will release an iSight with different materials that are not aggainst the uk's new regulation.
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

  10. #10
    pbook24
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mac57
    OK, I am going to attempt to connect a few threads here. Apple is going to make a major product announcement on Tuesday that they say will change the face of home entertainment.

    My speculation is that the announcement will involve iPod and Mac Mini updates. For the Mac Mini, it will be a DVR enabled Mac Mini, likely to be powered by a low end Merom chip. I further speculate that this will be coupled with a wireless enabled iPod which can stream music and video over the air to the Mac Mini, for playback on your stereo/TV depending on the media type.

    Some of this makes great sense. With the new iMacs out, the Mini has to be getting a refresh soon. People have been clamoring forever it seems to add DVR capability to the Mac Mini, turning it into a bit of a home entertainment hub. Finally, Microsoft is about to come out with their Zune player, which is being positioned directly against the iPod, and which features wireless capabilities.

    Take all that, couple it with Apple's "change the face of home entertainment" comment, and you can draw the conclusion I speculate on above. There may be other explanations as well, but this one is a good one IMHO.
    you must not be very smart. apple updated the mini on wednesday, they wouldnt then update it again 6 days later.

  11. #11
    isight
    PowerBookG4's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 08, 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbook24
    you must not be very smart. apple updated the mini on wednesday, they wouldnt then update it again 6 days later.
    I completely forgot they did that. I don't even know what they updated. I haven't looked.
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

  12. #12
    pbook24
    Guest
    i was referring more to mac57 who has been posting his "theory" all over the boards and he doesn't know what hes talking about

  13. #13
    isight
    mac57's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 29, 2006
    Location
    St. Somewhere
    Posts
    4,560
    Specs:
    iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
    Folks, no need to attack. You are right, I did not know that the mini had been upgraded, so I am guilty of not being completely current. The rest is hopeful thinking on my behalf. No need to be nasty about it. Yes I was wrong.
    My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
    My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
    My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
    I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007

  14. #14
    isight
    PowerBookG4's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 08, 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    6,188
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
    Quote Originally Posted by pbook24
    i was referring more to mac57 who has been posting his "theory" all over the boards and he doesn't know what hes talking about
    I know.

    Mac57, don't worry about it, I was not attacking you in any way, and I am sure pbook24 feels the same way. We thank you for your information, and thank you for your theory, if sounded good until I found out that the mac mini's were already updated.
    My Website
    Blog
    I love my hosting company!
    I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Imac G5 (isight) isight not working.
    By catstrat in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 08:39 AM
  2. iSight Camera gone? New iSight Displays?
    By fleurya in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 12:16 AM
  3. Fun/Cool/Interesting iSight Software for Built-In iSight?
    By rogueace in forum Movies and Video
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 12:10 AM
  4. built-in iSight vs. external iSight
    By miremba in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 08:11 AM
  5. Help me with Isight and yahoo, mainly isight
    By jaster in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 10:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •