Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Alternative webcam to iSight?
    citystar2k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2004
    Location
    North Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    178
    Specs:
    12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
    Alternative webcam to iSight?
    Hi, i'll be going on holiday early next year back to the Philippines. Most of the places i'll be staying at will have a internet connection so i'm looking to purchase a webcam for my Powerbook to show my friends the place via MSN Messenger/Yahoo messenger. Only problem is the iSight is way too expensive for my liking. Does anybody here have a cheaper alternative webcam? And how does it perform?

  2. #2
    Alternative webcam to iSight?
    DCraver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 23, 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    747
    Specs:
    iMac G5
    Just get like a cheap Logitech, that's what I have. You can use a Mini DV camcorder too. I use that most of the time. It's pretty covenant, if you have one. Logitech ones look pretty nice and are like 20 bucks.

  3. #3
    djeddiebear
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by citystar2k
    Hi, i'll be going on holiday early next year back to the Philippines. Most of the places i'll be staying at will have a internet connection so i'm looking to purchase a webcam for my Powerbook to show my friends the place via MSN Messenger/Yahoo messenger. Only problem is the iSight is way too expensive for my liking. Does anybody here have a cheaper alternative webcam? And how does it perform?
    I picked a cheap one up at Mega Mall when I was there in July. Worked good, but I left it there for my cousin to use.

    Have fun. I wish I could go for New Years, but it looks like they'll see me in June.

    Eddie.

  4. #4
    Alternative webcam to iSight?
    citystar2k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2004
    Location
    North Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    178
    Specs:
    12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DCraver
    Just get like a cheap Logitech, that's what I have. You can use a Mini DV camcorder too. I use that most of the time. It's pretty covenant, if you have one. Logitech ones look pretty nice and are like 20 bucks.
    Do you need any software for the Powerbook to recognise a dv cam as a webcam?

  5. #5
    Alternative webcam to iSight?
    citystar2k's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 18, 2004
    Location
    North Derbyshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    178
    Specs:
    12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
    Ah, just tried it, works ok, for YM, cant seem to find a webcam option for MSN though.

  6. #6
    Alternative webcam to iSight?

    Member Since
    Jul 22, 2003
    Location
    Hamilton College
    Posts
    6,999
    Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Quote Originally Posted by citystar2k
    Ah, just tried it, works ok, for YM, cant seem to find a webcam option for MSN though.
    There is no webcam option for MSN yet, MS does a poor job of keeping it up to date
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. other webcam other than isight?
    By jywuster in forum Movies and Video
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 12:58 PM
  2. iSight Webcam?
    By muffinbutter in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 03:50 PM
  3. Alternative messenger (with webcam abilities) to aMSN
    By Stef Andrews in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 05:14 PM
  4. Alternative to ichat? (with isight supported)
    By travisw in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 09:22 PM
  5. Looking for Alternative Webcam
    By jimmyfitz in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 01:52 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •