Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Mac 10.4 Tiger to 10.6 Snow Leopard

    Member Since
    Jul 26, 2010
    Posts
    9
    Mac 10.4 Tiger to 10.6 Snow Leopard
    So I was on the apple website, looking for something I could buy to upgrade my 10.4.11 Tiger to Leopard, and I saw something that could upgrade leopard to snow leopard, and it was cheaper. My question is, is there some way I can upgrade my Tiger directly to a snow leopard or do I have to purchase an upgrade to leopard then to snow leopard? I need to upgrade to leopard for a game, but I don't want to spend 150$ on Leopard.

  2. #2
    Mac 10.4 Tiger to 10.6 Snow Leopard
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    45,251
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    The Snow Leopard upgrade is inexpensive because it's an upgrade from Leopard. If you wish to upgrade from Tiger to Snow Leopard, you will have to purchase the full boxed version which is $169. Or you can buy Leopard, install it and then use the Snow Leopard upgrade version which costs $29.

    Regards.

  3. #3
    Mac 10.4 Tiger to 10.6 Snow Leopard
    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    31,478
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Melermo View Post
    So I was on the apple website, looking for something I could buy to upgrade my 10.4.11 Tiger to Leopard, and I saw something that could upgrade leopard to snow leopard, and it was cheaper. My question is, is there some way I can upgrade my Tiger directly to a snow leopard or do I have to purchase an upgrade to leopard then to snow leopard? I need to upgrade to leopard for a game, but I don't want to spend 150$ on Leopard.
    Make sure that your computer has an Intel processor...otherwise an OS upgrade from 10.4 to 10.6 is not possible.

    If your computer has an Intel processor (making an OS upgrade to 10.6 possible)...also make sure that the game you're talking about playing is compatible with OS 10.6.

    - Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

  4. #4
    Mac 10.4 Tiger to 10.6 Snow Leopard

    Member Since
    Jul 26, 2010
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Make sure that your computer has an Intel processor...otherwise an OS upgrade from 10.4 to 10.6 is not possible.

    If your computer has an Intel processor (making an OS upgrade to 10.6 possible)...also make sure that the game you're talking about playing is compatible with OS 10.6.

    - Nick
    I have a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, does that mean I can purchase some kind of upgrade that will put me directly into 10.6 at the same cost as if I had a Leopard? And also, id i buy this upgrade, do I get more GB on my computer too? Because the game requires 2 GB and I only have one.

  5. #5
    Mac 10.4 Tiger to 10.6 Snow Leopard
    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,626
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by Melermo View Post
    I have a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, does that mean I can purchase some kind of upgrade that will put me directly into 10.6 at the same cost as if I had a Leopard? And also, id i buy this upgrade, do I get more GB on my computer too? Because the game requires 2 GB and I only have one.
    You only have 1GB of free space on your HDD?? If that's the case, you need a new HDD (or free up A LOT of space) first before you worry about upgrading your OS.
    And yes, you can purchase the $169 box set that chscag mentioned.


    Quote Originally Posted by rgrant View Post
    i have a macbook that came with Tiger, with an intel processor. I wanted to upgrade to Leopard but then i got the idea of just buying the Snow Leopard upgrade. So thats what i did. First i backed up my hard drive to an external drive, and after that i just put the snow leopard disk in, and it upgraded just fine.
    The $29 SL upgrade DVD is for upgrading from Leopard only.

    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

    Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

  6. #6
    Mac 10.4 Tiger to 10.6 Snow Leopard
    pigoo3's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 20, 2008
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    31,478
    Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.7.5
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    You only have 1GB of free space on your HDD??
    Believe it or not...I think that the OP is talking about the ram in their computer.

    How in the world someone could think that an OS update would increase their ram from 1 to 2 gigabyte I have no idea!

    - Nick

    p.s. Of course I could be wrong...maybe the OP is talking hard drive space.
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can I Upgrade From Mac Tiger To Snow leopard
    By Jaydent11 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 07:06 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 05:15 PM
  3. Running Tiger/Leopard-only software in Snow Leopard?
    By dangerwood in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-28-2010, 06:44 AM
  4. Upgrading from Mac OS X v10.4 (Tiger) to Snow Leopard on Multiple Machines
    By allison0820 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •