Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Downloads problem

    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Posts
    46
    Downloads problem
    Unable to complete latest IMovie download. Each time the download is ready to install I have and error msg. on the page which says: "An error has occurred"! What is wrong there? Thanks

  2. #2
    Downloads problem
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    45,292
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Where are you downloading the movie from? NetFlix, iTunes, ?

  3. #3
    Downloads problem

    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Posts
    46
    Error message
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Where are you downloading the movie from? NetFlix, iTunes, ?
    It is my "Auto Download" on my Mac OS X 10.9.2 trying to download IMovie 9.3 from Apple Store. It is not ITunes or any source other than Apple Store.

  4. #4
    Downloads problem

    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Posts
    46
    There is no "extension" on the msg. - simply says "There was an error"!

  5. #5
    Downloads problem
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    45,292
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    Sorry about that, I missed the "iMovie" part and thought you were downloading actual movies from iTunes or NetFlix.

    Did you try downloading it again from the Mac App Store? And what do you mean, it's your auto download? Are you referring to software update?

  6. #6
    Downloads problem

    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Posts
    46
    Error Message
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Sorry about that, I missed the "iMovie" part and thought you were downloading actual movies from iTunes or NetFlix.

    Did you try downloading it again from the Mac App Store? And what do you mean, it's your auto download? Are you referring to software update?
    Yes, I did try and download again. It is an "Auto Update". I simply click on Apple>SoftwareUpdate and I've done this time and time again and each time I get the msg. "Ann error has occurred" in red???? Just tried it again - same result.
    PTW "pop-up" blocker is "OFF".

  7. #7
    Downloads problem
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    45,292
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    I just did some checking......

    The latest iMovie available from software update is 10.0.3. Are you sure you're not trying to download an older version over the top of a newer one? I've got two iMovie versions in my Application Folder: 10.0.3 and 9.0.9 Check your Application Folder to see what you have.

  8. #8
    Downloads problem

    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Posts
    46
    Smile Error Message
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    I just did some checking......

    The latest iMovie available from software update is 10.0.3. Are you sure you're not trying to download an older version over the top of a newer one? I've got two iMovie versions in my Application Folder: 10.0.3 and 9.0.9 Check your Application Folder to see what you have.
    Well, I looked at it in Finder and lo and behold my version is 10.2. - so I suppose this is the error that it is referring to. Do you suppose this means something is wrong with my "auto updater"?
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Sam Sayger
    Hernando, MS

  9. #9
    Downloads problem
    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    45,292
    Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Yosemite
    It does sound like the auto update or software update may be missing the fact that you are already updated. I wouldn't worry about it though. Sometimes the latest information on an application version does not get properly updated. I've had the same thing happen and it eventually straightened itself out.

  10. #10
    Downloads problem

    Member Since
    Jan 20, 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    It does sound like the auto update or software update may be missing the fact that you are already updated. I wouldn't worry about it though. Sometimes the latest information on an application version does not get properly updated. I've had the same thing happen and it eventually straightened itself out.

    Thanks tons for all your good help!
    Sam

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with Adobe PDF Downloads
    By rpg51 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 03:55 PM
  2. Problem with downloads
    By Madcaptains in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 05:51 PM
  3. problem with torrent downloads
    By janzy21 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 03:59 PM
  4. Problem With The Downloads Stack In The Dock
    By JimmyJazz in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-13-2009, 12:34 PM
  5. Downloads problem, PLEASE HELP
    By Emoguy55 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-13-2007, 05:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •