Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared

    Member Since
    Jul 14, 2011
    Posts
    5
    Unhappy BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared
    I made a big mistake of installing this stupid thing
    Audieee: The less ugly stop-gap - ipis OS X

    I was looking for a way to switch audio from headset to speakers without having to unplug headset and somewhere I read audieee would do it.
    After installing the pkg I have no builtin audio
    speakers don't work, mic doesn't work

    iMac 10.6.8

    I have ran disk utility, reset pram etc....rebooted nothing works

    Anyone know how to reset the audio drivers or get them back?

  2. #2
    BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared
    Lifeisabeach's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Neptune
    Posts
    7,637
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaro View Post
    I made a big mistake of installing this stupid thing
    Audieee: The less ugly stop-gap - ipis OS X

    I was looking for a way to switch audio from headset to speakers without having to unplug headset and somewhere I read audieee would do it.
    After installing the pkg I have no builtin audio
    speakers don't work, mic doesn't work

    iMac 10.6.8

    I have ran disk utility, reset pram etc....rebooted nothing works

    Anyone know how to reset the audio drivers or get them back?
    That's on a Hackintosh site. It doesn't even appear to be a valid Mac app. Do you even HAVE a Mac?

    Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

  3. #3
    BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared

    Member Since
    Jul 14, 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    That's on a Hackintosh site. It doesn't even appear to be a valid Mac app. Do you even HAVE a Mac?
    Oh yes I do have a mac! Processor 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 8gb 1067 mhz ddr3 10.6.8

    I did not know it was hackintosh
    whatever that file did when I clicked the pkg and installed made my internal speakers and microphone to disappear.

    any ideas?

  4. #4
    BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared

    Member Since
    Jul 14, 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks to Back-in-Time I restored to an hour before this happened it's all good now.

  5. #5
    BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared
    Lifeisabeach's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Neptune
    Posts
    7,637
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaro View Post
    Thanks to Back-in-Time I restored to an hour before this happened it's all good now.
    Cool. The app you want to use is SoundSource. It's a freebie.
    Rogue Amoeba | Freebies: Free Software for Mac OS X

    Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

  6. #6
    BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared

    Member Since
    Jul 14, 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Cool. The app you want to use is SoundSource. It's a freebie.
    Rogue Amoeba | Freebies: Free Software for Mac OS X
    Thanks I tried that but it doesn't work. the minute you plug in the headset, the internal speakers are no longer available to switch So it's a pointless little program.

  7. #7
    BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared
    Lifeisabeach's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Neptune
    Posts
    7,637
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetcaro View Post
    Thanks I tried that but it doesn't work. the minute you plug in the headset, the internal speakers are no longer available to switch So it's a pointless little program.
    Wait, what? It doesn't? *double checks*
    Well I'll be danged. It doesn't. I hadn't used it in a long time, and now that I think about it, I last used it with a Mac Pro. No internal speakers = no such problem. I've done some Googling and can verify that there is no way to do it. This apparently is hardwired in. I have an AVR in the living room that is the same way… headphones auto-override the speakers.

    You appear to have two solutions:

    1. Use USB headphones.
    2. Use an external soundcard, like the Griffin iMic.


    I used to use the iMic on that Mac Pro I mentioned, and can certainly confirm that using that with your headphones will accomplish the job.

    Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

  8. #8
    BUILT-IN output and input AUDIO disappeared

    Member Since
    Jul 14, 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Wait, what? It doesn't? *double checks*
    Well I'll be danged. It doesn't. I hadn't used it in a long time, and now that I think about it, I last used it with a Mac Pro. No internal speakers = no such problem. I've done some Googling and can verify that there is no way to do it. This apparently is hardwired in. I have an AVR in the living room that is the same way… headphones auto-override the speakers.

    You appear to have two solutions:

    1. Use USB headphones.
    2. Use an external soundcard, like the Griffin iMic.


    I used to use the iMic on that Mac Pro I mentioned, and can certainly confirm that using that with your headphones will accomplish the job.
    hahaha yeah I have googled a lot too.... out of luck! I solved my problem by buying a regular phone handset that has a headset jack LOL (and connect to my magicjack)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. No Output or Input audio ?!
    By Rubber muffler in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 01:33 AM
  2. Enable built-in audio input
    By jdran in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 09:54 AM
  3. No audio output from external input
    By jeremy1 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 12:59 AM
  4. Audio Input/Output
    By rfomlover in forum Music, Audio, and Podcasting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 03:29 PM
  5. Audio Input/Output
    By ippymcbippy in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2010, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •