Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    wait for snow leopard or get Imac now

    Member Since
    Nov 03, 2007
    Posts
    70
    Specs:
    macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa
    wait for snow leopard or get Imac now
    I don't know if I should wait to get snow leopard or get an Imac now since they just been upgraded. I know they said snow wouldn't have a bunch of new features, so what makes it worth $129 if I get the Imac now and snow leopard later? I need some opinions to help me decide. The Imac will mostly be used for audio work, Logic and M-powered pro tools.

  2. #2
    wait for snow leopard or get Imac now
    harryb2448's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 28, 2007
    Location
    Nambucca Heads Australia
    Posts
    20,056
    Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    If you do not urgently and desperately need it now wait for the release of the new operating system. A buck saved is a buck earned you know!

  3. #3
    wait for snow leopard or get Imac now
    bobtomay's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 22, 2006
    Location
    Texas, where else?
    Posts
    26,209
    Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    For what it is you want to do, if you need the machine now, I'd get it now.

    I read about a lot of issues with many of the high end audio tools when Leopard came out and took a lot of the developers some time to get everything compatible. At this point, who knows if this will be the case with Snow Leopard. But, if this is your business, I wouldn't be upgrading to SL until you know everything will work. Let others be the guinea pig for it.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

  4. #4
    wait for snow leopard or get Imac now
    MarkY's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 06, 2008
    Posts
    79
    Who said Snow Leopard is going to be $129?

  5. #5
    wait for snow leopard or get Imac now
    bobtomay's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 22, 2006
    Location
    Texas, where else?
    Posts
    26,209
    Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    $129 is the typical price for a new OS from Apple and if you assume this will be your cost at a later time, you should be safe. There is a lot of speculation that it could be less. At this point, no one knows.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

  6. #6
    wait for snow leopard or get Imac now
    cwa107's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 20, 2006
    Location
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Posts
    26,758
    Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    I also wouldn't hold your breath for Snow Leopard. Apple took their sweet time releasing Leopard. It was supposed to have been released close to 8 months before it actually was - and that was with an Apple-supplied timeline.

    Apple really hasn't said squat about a potential release date for SL, so my guess is it's not going to be anytime soon.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

    https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Leopard - Upgrade to Snow or wait for Lion?
    By Saturngoddess in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-10-2011, 04:43 PM
  2. Prepping for Snow Leopard, things to do while you wait...
    By cwa107 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 08:31 AM
  3. Wait in line for Snow Leopard?
    By XJ-linux in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 01:28 PM
  4. Wait until Snow leopard to buy a MBP?
    By JoP! in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2009, 02:15 PM
  5. Wait until Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) is out??
    By pman555 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 12:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •