Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Printer Drivers

  1. #1
    Printer Drivers
    eliehass's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 03, 2007
    Posts
    850
    Specs:
    iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
    Printer Drivers
    When I installed OS X I had an HP printer, so I selected only the HP drivers to save space. Now I replaced it with a Canon printer. How can I put the Canon drivers on?

  2. #2
    Printer Drivers
    Noels's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 03, 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    945
    Specs:
    Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
    eliehass,

    Just insert the Canon CD that came with the printer and it will open up with an install screen. Then follow the prompts.

    If you don't have a CD, open Print & Fax Preferences and select Options & Supplies/Driver and scroll through until you find the right driver. That should do it...

    Canon printers are great. I have an iP3000 and an iP4300 and they both do a super job. You'll love it...

    Noel

  3. #3
    Printer Drivers
    mrplow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 01, 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,759
    Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    Also there's a canon printer update on the Apple support downloads page that adds to the OS X built-in support

    http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...rdriver11.html

  4. #4
    Printer Drivers
    eliehass's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 03, 2007
    Posts
    850
    Specs:
    iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
    Do you think I would also be able to input the OS X disc and install the canon drivers from there?

  5. #5
    Printer Drivers
    cuhnool's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 02, 2008
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,502
    Specs:
    MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    I just put my printer on a network and added it in the "Printer and Fax" System Prefs. Didn't have to insert a single CD.

    But if you wanted to put the Canon driver on your computer, insert the CD and go through the installation process.

    And if you don't have a CD, just do what Noels said.

  6. #6
    Printer Drivers
    louishen's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 22, 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,968
    Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    or you could use Pacifist to open up the installer packages and hunt for that printer driver

  7. #7
    Printer Drivers
    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,310
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    or you could use Pacifist to open up the installer packages and hunt for that printer driver
    The cool thing about the 10.5 install disc is you don't have to boot from it to install certain things, including the printer drivers. If you insert the dic and open it, you will find software that can be installed from the disc directly.


  8. #8
    Printer Drivers
    eliehass's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 03, 2007
    Posts
    850
    Specs:
    iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    The cool thing about the 10.5 install disc is you don't have to boot from it to install certain things, including the printer drivers. If you insert the dic and open it, you will find software that can be installed from the disc directly.
    Ok, thats what I thought, just making sure. Thanks!

  9. #9
    Printer Drivers

    Member Since
    Jun 27, 2008
    Posts
    15
    Specs:
    iMac 24 inch 3.06 ghz
    I have a new Canon Pixma MX7600. I downloaded and installed the Leopard Canon drivers, but it wasn't in there. I then downloaded the Mac driver from the Canon site, and it works fine, but there's no "tools". No way to tell ink levels, etc. I guess I have to wait for Canon to make this available?
    Have you "Tinkled" today? 24" Aluminum iMac, 3.06 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD ; 80 GB iPod

  10. #10
    Printer Drivers
    Noels's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 03, 2008
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    945
    Specs:
    Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by cjtinkle View Post
    I have a new Canon Pixma MX7600. I downloaded and installed the Leopard Canon drivers, but it wasn't in there. I then downloaded the Mac driver from the Canon site, and it works fine, but there's no "tools". No way to tell ink levels, etc. I guess I have to wait for Canon to make this available?
    That's what it sounds like.

    I have a Canon iP3000 and it only tells me when I have to change ink, it doesn't show ink levels. My Canon iP4300 does show ink levels, but it also uses chips in the ink cartridges, so if you buy 3rd party ink, you lose the ink level indication. That was Canon's way to keep folks from buying 3rd party inks... Maybe your MX7600 doesn't use chips, so that could be the reason - lots of folk complained about the chips. Lose the chip, lose the levels...

    If you don't have any indicator at all for ink, I'd call Canon and ask what's going on. They might have other drivers available for your printer..

    Noel

  11. #11
    Printer Drivers

    Member Since
    Jun 27, 2008
    Posts
    15
    Specs:
    iMac 24 inch 3.06 ghz
    Okay thanks, I'll check with Canon on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noels View Post
    That's what it sounds like.

    I have a Canon iP3000 and it only tells me when I have to change ink, it doesn't show ink levels. My Canon iP4300 does show ink levels, but it also uses chips in the ink cartridges, so if you buy 3rd party ink, you lose the ink level indication. That was Canon's way to keep folks from buying 3rd party inks... Maybe your MX7600 doesn't use chips, so that could be the reason - lots of folk complained about the chips. Lose the chip, lose the levels...

    If you don't have any indicator at all for ink, I'd call Canon and ask what's going on. They might have other drivers available for your printer..

    Noel
    Have you "Tinkled" today? 24" Aluminum iMac, 3.06 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD ; 80 GB iPod

  12. #12
    Printer Drivers

    Member Since
    Aug 06, 2008
    Posts
    1
    Anyone familiar with a Brother MFC 215C? I'm a recent Mac convert and bought a macbook, running Leopard. I didn't realise that my printer drivers were already installed, and installed the drivers from the installation disk of the MFC. Now I find that my photos all print with horizontal lines through them. For an otherwise seemless transition to this new world, I just want to know if there's an easy way to restore the pre-installed driver settings on my macbook.

    Any clues?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Printer Drivers but no Scanner drivers provided
    By welshred in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-17-2015, 05:20 AM
  2. Printer drivers
    By mcsmiley in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
  3. Printer drivers, help!
    By CharlotteSRG in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 05:11 PM
  4. Printer drivers
    By theonegod in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 02:24 PM
  5. Printer Drivers
    By Simbad in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 12:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •