Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please

    Member Since
    Jan 05, 2008
    Posts
    8
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please
    My designer's G5 is having a problem. His CS3 files (Illustrator and
    PhotoShop) shut down if he tries to open them.
    Also, when he went to his disk utility to run it, if he selects the folder
    it just closes itself up again and shows he has nothing in it.
    His computer is running really slow as well.

    Any Help Guys?

  2. #2
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please
    harryb2448's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 28, 2007
    Location
    Nambucca Heads Australia
    Posts
    20,066
    Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    Creative Suite was/is not compatible if using Leopard. Updates are anticipated later this month. Post does not say what OS he is using.

  3. #3
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please
    bryphotoguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 02, 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,978
    Specs:
    Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
    Intel Mac Pro or PowerMac G5??

    January 2008 Member of the Month

  4. #4
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please

    Member Since
    Jan 05, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
    Intel Mac Pro or PowerMac G5??
    Sorry Its A PowerMac G5. I Dont Know Much About Mac's But Is There A Roll Back Thing Like On Windows?

  5. #5
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please

    Member Since
    Jan 05, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Creative Suite was/is not compatible if using Leopard. Updates are anticipated later this month. Post does not say what OS he is using.
    Maybe So But He Has Been Using It For Some Time Now. Also What Would Make His Computer Slow Down Like That? Thanks

  6. #6
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please
    bryphotoguy's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 02, 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    3,978
    Specs:
    Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
    Without much info from you, we really can't diagnose the problem. Which PowerMac G5 is it? How much RAM is installed? How much HD is free? Which version of OS X are you running? Does OS X and CS3 have all the latest updates? Have you run any of the diagnostic tools on the restore disc that came with the Mac?
    Did you just turn it on one day and it started doing it? Is there anything else that might have changed or anything weird that happened? Like a setting changed or a power outage or anything. Seriously, anything...

    January 2008 Member of the Month

  7. #7
    MacHeadCase
    Guest
    Welcome to Mac-forums, Andrew Wetzel.

    I'm with the guys: not enough info for us to help.

    This will help you help us help you. How to gather all the info on your Mac.

  8. #8
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please

    Member Since
    Jan 05, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
    Without much info from you, we really can't diagnose the problem. Which PowerMac G5 is it? How much RAM is installed? How much HD is free? Which version of OS X are you running? Does OS X and CS3 have all the latest updates? Have you run any of the diagnostic tools on the restore disc that came with the Mac?
    Did you just turn it on one day and it started doing it? Is there anything else that might have changed or anything weird that happened? Like a setting changed or a power outage or anything. Seriously, anything...
    I forwarded it to my designer to answer, as I do not use that computer. He
    already re-installed CS3 since his problems. I believe it just happened that
    one day his files would not open. He is running 10.4.1. I do no think he has
    run any diagnostics. I hope to get this info from him tonight to give you
    more info.

    I Am The Kind Of Guy That Likes To Fix Things Myself, Thats Why I Didnt Pay Someone To Come Out And Fix It.

  9. #9
    MacHeadCase
    Guest
    Why hasn't he upgraded his Tiger install since 10.4.1? A lot of problems have been fixed with the subsequent updates. Even better, the Combo updates. I'm running 10.4.11 and it's going well.

  10. #10
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please

    Member Since
    Jan 05, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
    Why hasn't he upgraded his Tiger install since 10.4.1? A lot of problems have been fixed with the subsequent updates. Even better, the Combo updates. I'm running 10.4.11 and it's going well.
    Good ??? LOL How Does One Do An Update?

  11. #11
    MacHeadCase
    Guest
    System Preferences -> Software Update.

    But first...

    1 - He should download MainMenu (correct spelling) from Santa Software and clean out all caches.

    2- He then unplugs all unnecessary peripherals.

    3- Restarts.

    4 - Runs Software Update but he has to make sure all the applications are quit and that he doesn't use his Mac while the installation is underway.

  12. #12
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please

    Member Since
    Jan 05, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
    System Preferences -> Software Update.

    But first...

    1 - He should download MainMenu (correct spelling) from Santa Software and clean out all caches.

    2- He then unplugs all unnecessary peripherals.

    3- Restarts.

    4 - Runs Software Update but he has to make sure all the applications are quit and that he doesn't use his Mac while the installation is underway.
    Okay, And This Sould Help Stop The Problem And The Slow Speed Of The Computer??

  13. #13
    MacHeadCase
    Guest
    It should help. Also he should look into his pref files for his CS3 apps: maybe some of them are corrupted.

  14. #14
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please

    Member Since
    Jan 05, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
    It should help. Also he should look into his pref files for his CS3 apps: maybe some of them are corrupted.
    Okay, How Long Does It Take To Do All Of That?

  15. #15
    CS3 Need Help Quick Please

    Member Since
    Jan 05, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
    Without much info from you, we really can't diagnose the problem. Which PowerMac G5 is it? How much RAM is installed? How much HD is free? Which version of OS X are you running? Does OS X and CS3 have all the latest updates? Have you run any of the diagnostic tools on the restore disc that came with the Mac?
    Did you just turn it on one day and it started doing it? Is there anything else that might have changed or anything weird that happened? Like a setting changed or a power outage or anything. Seriously, anything...
    Which PowerMac G5 is it? Dual Processor
    > How much RAM is installed? 1 GB?
    > How much HD is free? 126 gb
    > Which version of OS X are you running? 10.4
    > Does OS X and CS3 have all the latest updates? not sure.

    > Have you run any of the diagnostic tools on the restore disc that came

    > with the Mac? Can find the disk and I can't access disk utilities in the
    applications folder.
    > Did you just turn it on one day and it started doing it? It has progressed
    over a little time.

    > Is there anything else that might have changed or anything weird that

    > happened? Like a setting changed or a power outage or anything. Power outage.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CS3 help me!
    By IRN_RU in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 10:29 AM
  2. Can't install Photoshop CS3, had previosly installed CS3/Beta
    By Sr-ultimate in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-27-2008, 03:27 AM
  3. CS3 and 10.4.11
    By The Lobe in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 10:39 AM
  4. Quick Quick question about shopping on ebay?
    By srgthunder in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 11:09 PM
  5. Quick Illustrator CS3 Question
    By Leukeh in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 08:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •