Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]

    Member Since
    Jan 02, 2008
    Posts
    9
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]
    I have loads of games for Windows, including Halo, and I was wondering if I got a Mac and used Boot Camp or Parallels will the games function as they would on my PC or will there be minor problems? Is the video card in a Macbook compatible with Windows games? Further information would be great.

  2. #2
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]

    Member Since
    Aug 23, 2007
    Posts
    322
    Specs:
    Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
    which one the Pro, or non pro,

    if non pro anything from 2003 back will work!
    EDIT:
    sorry, but I thought you had a Macbook. but yeah read my first post. You Best bet is to get a iMac or Mac Pro. Mac Pro if your a extreme gamer.

  3. #3
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]

    Member Since
    Jan 02, 2008
    Posts
    9
    Why does the year matter? The normal Macbook...

  4. #4
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]
    EuphLlama's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 27, 2007
    Location
    Colleyville, Texas
    Posts
    254
    Specs:
    iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
    You should be good using BootCamp. I play Halo, BF2142, C&C Generals and a few others here on my MacBook Pro and they work just fine. You might just have to knock down the quality of the game a little for better play from the graphics card.
    Computer & TV: MacBook Pro 15-inch, Intel 2.2. iMac 20-inch, Intel 2.4. AppleTV 40G
    iPod: Nano black 4G, Touch 8G
    Phone: iPhone 4G

  5. #5
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]

    Member Since
    Jan 02, 2008
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by EuphLlama View Post
    You should be good using BootCamp. I play Halo, BF2142, C&C Generals and a few others here on my MacBook Pro and they work just fine. You might just have to knock down the quality of the game a little for better play from the graphics card.
    But if the macbook's specs match the required specs for the game it should work right?

  6. #6
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]
    EuphLlama's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 27, 2007
    Location
    Colleyville, Texas
    Posts
    254
    Specs:
    iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
    Quote Originally Posted by ~NeonFire372~ View Post
    But if the macbook's specs match the required specs for the game it should work right?
    Right!
    Computer & TV: MacBook Pro 15-inch, Intel 2.2. iMac 20-inch, Intel 2.4. AppleTV 40G
    iPod: Nano black 4G, Touch 8G
    Phone: iPhone 4G

  7. #7
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]
    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,481
    Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    The Macbook uses Intel Integrated Graphics. Some newer and demanding games will be very slow. Same with a PC with the same Intel graphics. The MacBook Pro has a discrete graphics card and is much better for demanding gaming.

    That said, Halo should be fine. I would use Bootcamp though and not Parallels for gaming. In bootcamp it's just like a PC running Windows. Everything will run just like it does on a Windows PC with the same hardware.

  8. #8
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]

    Member Since
    Jan 02, 2008
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    The Macbook uses Intel Integrated Graphics. Some newer and demanding games will be very slow. Same with a PC with the same Intel graphics. The MacBook Pro has a discrete graphics card and is much better for demanding gaming.

    That said, Halo should be fine. I would use Bootcamp though and not Parallels for gaming. In bootcamp it's just like a PC running Windows. Everything will run just like it does on a Windows PC with the same hardware.
    So if I used Boot Camp, will Windows just be created on another partition or something? Will I be able to access my Mac documents and stuff from Windows?

    Can I run multiple versions of Windows on my Macbook, like Windows 95, Windows 98, 2000, XP and Vista all at once?
    Windows Vista Home Premium

    4GB 2gen iPod Nano [broken] - 80GB iPod Classic

  9. #9
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]

    Member Since
    Aug 23, 2007
    Posts
    322
    Specs:
    Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
    Because the Macbook uses Intel Graphics which basically suck for newer games like Bioshock, Rainbow Six Vegas etc.

  10. #10
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]

    Member Since
    Aug 23, 2007
    Posts
    322
    Specs:
    Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by ~NeonFire372~ View Post
    So if I used Boot Camp, will Windows just be created on another partition or something? Will I be able to access my Mac documents and stuff from Windows?

    Can I run multiple versions of Windows on my Macbook, like Windows 95, Windows 98, 2000, XP and Vista all at once?
    No, not all at once, but you can have multiple paritions for different OSs even Linux if you wanted.

  11. #11
    Windows Games [potential Mac buyer]

    Member Since
    Jan 02, 2008
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by hal515 View Post
    No, not all at once, but you can have multiple paritions for different OSs even Linux if you wanted.
    Yeah, I didn't actually mean I wanted them all running at once, I meant all installed at once. But when I boot up the laptop then, what will appear? Will OS X load or will it give me all the choices?
    Windows Vista Home Premium

    4GB 2gen iPod Nano [broken] - 80GB iPod Classic

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Confused Potential Mac Buyer
    By alijean17 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
  2. First time potential MacBook buyer!
    By el84 in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 03:28 AM
  3. A couple burning questions from a potential mac buyer...
    By the_fredster in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 09:13 AM
  4. Potential MacBook Buyer in serious need of help!!!
    By fompas in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 07:16 PM
  5. iPod questions for potential buyer
    By djmitch in forum iPod Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •