Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    docss26
    Guest
    Warcraft 3 on macbook?
    Anyone playing warcraft 3 on their macbooks? I just wanted to know how well it runs and if ill be able to enjoy the game on here. i have a 2 ghz macbook with 1.25 gb ram. thanks

  2. #2
    Warcraft 3 on macbook?

    Member Since
    Aug 17, 2006
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    194
    Specs:
    iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
    Should be able to run it allright. But it's a PPC app, so it'll run through rosetta. Works on my iMac 1,83 GHz with 1 Gb RAM.

  3. #3
    docss26
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hclincha View Post
    Should be able to run it allright. But it's a PPC app, so it'll run through rosetta. Works on my iMac 1,83 GHz with 1 Gb RAM.
    what does that mean, it runs on rosetta?

  4. #4
    Warcraft 3 on macbook?

    Member Since
    Aug 17, 2006
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    194
    Specs:
    iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
    It emulates a PPC processor, meaning that it'll run slower than if run natively. You might know that Apple recently changed from PPC-processors to Intel processors. With that change, they also changed the processor architecture. Not all applications are made for the new Intel processors, therefore Apple created an emulating application called Rosetta, so that PPC-programs will run.

  5. #5
    docss26
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hclincha View Post
    It emulates a PPC processor, meaning that it'll run slower than if run natively. You might know that Apple recently changed from PPC-processors to Intel processors. With that change, they also changed the processor architecture. Not all applications are made for the new Intel processors, therefore Apple created an emulating application called Rosetta, so that PPC-programs will run.
    oh thanks for the information. Is rosetta something i can just search for and download. Is it complicated to set it up and run the WC3 app.

  6. #6
    Warcraft 3 on macbook?

    Member Since
    Aug 12, 2005
    Posts
    107
    Rosetta runs in the background of OS X on Intel Macs and emulates the PPC environment for PPC only applications such as MS Office, Photoshop and Warcraft 3.

    Problem you have is that a Macbook has onboard graphics and will have tme emulate all the code using Rosetta making it much slower than it would be normally. I would try the game first before buying.

  7. #7
    docss26
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Rosetta runs in the background of OS X on Intel Macs and emulates the PPC environment for PPC only applications such as MS Office, Photoshop and Warcraft 3.

    Problem you have is that a Macbook has onboard graphics and will have tme emulate all the code using Rosetta making it much slower than it would be normally. I would try the game first before buying.
    i downloaded the demo online and it ran smoothly on the original setting the demo started with. i really like the game. i think itll be fine. i just odered the game anyways. if it sucks on the mac i still have my desktop.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Warcraft 3 on new macbook pro?
    By Gimpdog in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
  2. Macbook 2.4Ghz and Warcraft
    By Rock in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 12:40 AM
  3. Warcraft on Macbook?
    By tsaxplaya34 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 05:15 PM
  4. World of Warcraft and Macbook
    By Arichards in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 05:00 PM
  5. World of Warcraft on a MacBook??
    By Keef in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •