Thread: Best option for backup
08-25-2006, 02:42 PM #1Best option for backup
I need your opinion on a good backup software. I have a big Lacie drive and the software it came with seemed very clumsy so I am looking for something that can do the following:
1) Automatically copy my entire /Users folder to a folder on the Lacie drive at a specified time each morning.
2) Must be able to move a lot of data without errors. We store all business material in /Users/Shared and it has over 10 gigs of files in it
3) Must be easy to use and reliable
4) Must also have the option (or some way) of burning this same data to a DVD for offsite backup
Does this describe any backup software that you know of? What have you all had good luck with?
Thanks in advance!
09-08-2006, 03:12 AM #2
09-08-2006, 04:06 AM #3
- Member Since
- Oct 07, 2005
- Around London
- MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
Have you tried to make a workflow with automator. That would make it very stable and you can customize to exact specifications.
It may take a bit of time to get the right workflow but I pretty sure you can add timers to backup when you want to.Man Fears Time but Time Fears the Pyramids
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By rishumehra in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 02-11-2015, 08:07 AM
By simonvee in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 01-11-2014, 11:07 PM
By ItchyBone in forum Internet, Networking, and WirelessReplies: 2Last Post: 02-15-2011, 01:34 PM
By MosheZusman in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-22-2009, 12:41 AM
By ninjastatus in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 0Last Post: 12-16-2008, 05:12 PM