Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    code777
    Guest
    Safari / Comcast.net SLOW?
    i don't know if this fits here but:

    When I pull up Safari it will not load Comcast.net. The "google" websearch field also does not work. Yet when I use IE or Mozilla everything works fine (fast). Any ideas? Is it a browser issue or a connection issue. I can't see why Safari won't load Comcast.net yet IE will with no probs. Also why won't the "google" search field not work. Ideas?

  2. #2
    Safari / Comcast.net  SLOW?
    Discerptor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 02, 2005
    Posts
    1,229
    Specs:
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    Quote Originally Posted by code777
    i don't know if this fits here but:

    When I pull up Safari it will not load Comcast.net. The "google" websearch field also does not work. Yet when I use IE or Mozilla everything works fine (fast). Any ideas? Is it a browser issue or a connection issue. I can't see why Safari won't load Comcast.net yet IE will with no probs. Also why won't the "google" search field not work. Ideas?
    My safari does all that very quickly. How long have you had your Mac? Maybe Safari's cache is overloaded? have you tried repairing disk permissions? Are your network settings accurately detetcing your connection speed?

  3. #3
    code777
    Guest
    everything is in check. If i use a different browser everything is fine. Its normal speed. But Safari can't seem to FULLY load anything right now. Also the google search field doesn't work. Type something in there and enter and the screen just sits. Nothing loads.

    Maybe its comcast? but why would other browsers work?

  4. #4
    Safari / Comcast.net  SLOW?
    Discerptor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 02, 2005
    Posts
    1,229
    Specs:
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    Quote Originally Posted by code777
    everything is in check. If i use a different browser everything is fine. Its normal speed. But Safari can't seem to FULLY load anything right now. Also the google search field doesn't work. Type something in there and enter and the screen just sits. Nothing loads.

    Maybe its comcast? but why would other browsers work?
    This definitely appears to be a very uniue problem since I have no trouble with Comcast. I'd hate to sound like a Dell customer service agent, but have you tried restarting the computer?

    Also, try opening the terminal and typing the following in:

    sudo periodic daily weekly monthly

    It will prompt you for your password, so when it does just type that and press return.

  5. #5
    code777
    Guest
    ok, i'm back up.

    all i did was unplug my modem and router for one min and plugged them back in and voila, i'm even faster than before.

    what's up w/that?

  6. #6
    Safari / Comcast.net  SLOW?
    Discerptor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 02, 2005
    Posts
    1,229
    Specs:
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    Quote Originally Posted by code777
    ok, i'm back up.

    all i did was unplug my modem and router for one min and plugged them back in and voila, i'm even faster than before.

    what's up w/that?
    That would be the magical ability computers have to make little sense at times.

  7. #7
    Zecher
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by code777
    ok, i'm back up.

    all i did was unplug my modem and router for one min and plugged them back in and voila, i'm even faster than before.

    what's up w/that?
    What kind of modem are you using? I'm geussing you have Comcast High Speed since you're loading comcast.net and it's probably one of the black Motorola cable modems. It says in the instructions of the modem that your speed will sometimes become slow, and you can "reset" and "clear up" the modem by unplugging it for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.

  8. #8
    Safari / Comcast.net  SLOW?

    Member Since
    Jun 14, 2010
    Posts
    1
    Safari won't load comcast.net
    Quote Originally Posted by code777 View Post
    i don't know if this fits here but:

    When I pull up Safari it will not load Comcast.net. The "google" websearch field also does not work. Yet when I use IE or Mozilla everything works fine (fast). Any ideas? Is it a browser issue or a connection issue. I can't see why Safari won't load Comcast.net yet IE will with no probs. Also why won't the "google" search field not work. Ideas?
    I had this same problem and it migrated to Firefox. I went into preferences for Firefox and preferences for Safari and opened the cookies list. Deleted all the cookies for Comcast. Restarted both browsers and both worked flawlessly. Hope this helps.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Slow Broadband Speed with Comcast
    By LongTimeMacUser in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 03:33 PM
  2. Slow internet, switch comcast box for airport express?
    By kdawnz in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 01:59 PM
  3. Comcast cable modem, internet glacially slow!
    By alexmoir in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2009, 06:37 PM
  4. slow browsing through net
    By Francis in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 10:13 PM
  5. Safari / Earthlink.net
    By steveeas in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 08:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •