Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Attaching Word docs in Hotmail

    Member Since
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    8
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro Mac OSX version 10.5.8 Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Menory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Attaching Word docs in Hotmail
    Hi,

    when i attach certain docs and docxs in hotmail it says cannot attach cos file is 0 bytes. happens with both doc and docx.

    Any help appreciated

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Attaching Word docs in Hotmail
    mrplow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 01, 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,759
    Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    Attaching in a browser or via a mail client?
    How big are the Word docs really?
    Do you have another email provider? Do the docs behave the same on that account?
    External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

    Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post

  3. #3
    Attaching Word docs in Hotmail

    Member Since
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    8
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro Mac OSX version 10.5.8 Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Menory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    In safari, i think it happend after they added silverlight if that is what that document vieweer thing is when u view a word doc in hotmail - you must excuse me I am not overly technical.

    Have tried it with doc and docx some attach others say file is empty.

    They are small files 108 kb or something, just 2 page word docs. Do not know how to set up the other email thingy when my computer asks me if i want to set up account.

    I am using hotmail in safari.

    thanks

  4. #4
    Attaching Word docs in Hotmail
    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,626
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by maccyD View Post
    Do not know how to set up the other email thingy when my computer asks me if i want to set up account.

    I am using hotmail in safari.

    thanks
    When setting up hotmail to work with your Mac's Mail App, it is pretty straight-forward.

    When you get to this screen, make sure the Account Type at the top is POP and use this same Incoming Mail Server. Fill in the other fields.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

    Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

  5. #5
    Attaching Word docs in Hotmail

    Member Since
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    8
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro Mac OSX version 10.5.8 Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Menory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    yeah i may need to post another thread about setting that up! I put pop - and then it asks for incoming email server - i've only really used email online apart from outlook at work and that stuff is confusing - is incoming mail server my hotmail account? Also when it asks me for email address (presumably hotmail account in my case - it asks for password - is this my hotmail password or computer password?
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Attaching Word docs in Hotmail

    Member Since
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    8
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro Mac OSX version 10.5.8 Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Menory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    i mean if i set that up presumably i can send email from mail on my mac? But it still doesn't clear up why it used to work when i attached these type of docs in hotmail and now cannot...

  7. #7
    Attaching Word docs in Hotmail
    MYmacROX's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 17, 2009
    Posts
    3,626
    Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by maccyD View Post
    yeah i may need to post another thread about setting that up! I put pop - and then it asks for incoming email server - i've only really used email online apart from outlook at work and that stuff is confusing - is incoming mail server my hotmail account? Also when it asks me for email address (presumably hotmail account in my case - it asks for password - is this my hotmail password or computer password?
    Thanks
    If you read my previous post all the way through you'll see I answered that question. = "Use this same incoming mail server"
    So use the same as what is in that screenshot.

    Quote Originally Posted by maccyD View Post
    i mean if i set that up presumably i can send email from mail on my mac? But it still doesn't clear up why it used to work when i attached these type of docs in hotmail and now cannot...
    Yes, you can send mail from that app instead of logging into hotmail.com. I don't know why you had the issue with attaching docs, but it very likely could be a problem with hotmail.com being finicky. I've never had any issue attaching Word docs (.doc files) to emails using Mac's Mail App.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

    Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

  8. #8
    Attaching Word docs in Hotmail

    Member Since
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    8
    Specs:
    Macbook Pro Mac OSX version 10.5.8 Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Menory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    If you read my previous post all the way through you'll see I answered that question. = "Use this same incoming mail server"
    So use the same as what is in that screenshot.
    .
    i'm not seeing the screenshot it says picture removed...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hotmail -can't attach docs
    By rweljebel in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 03:07 PM
  2. Importing WORD Docs
    By jsdionne in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 03:28 PM
  3. HELP! Word 2004 Quits, Trying to open word docs
    By sfdesign in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 04:20 PM
  4. Attaching MAC documents to hotmail e mails
    By wortom@hotmail in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 06:53 PM
  5. microsoft word: attaching image = red X
    By brokeenthusiast in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •