Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs

    Member Since
    Jun 18, 2009
    Posts
    7
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    Hi all, I am looking for a program to make labels for CDs and DVDs. Does anyone have any positive experiences with any label printing programs that work with either 10.5 or 10.4?

    thanks

  2. #2
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    harryb2448's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 28, 2007
    Location
    Nambucca Heads Australia
    Posts
    20,041
    Specs:
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.5
    Use and like Click'NDesign 3D. Thirty day free trial is available"-

    http://www.mymac.com/showarticle.php?id=166

  3. #3
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    Rottie's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 23, 2009
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
    Use and like Click'NDesign 3D. Thirty day free trial is available"-

    MyMac Magazine • Macintosh • iPod • iPhone • Apple TV
    Hi Harry,

    The link on that page (the one you've linked to) is a dead link and TBH I don't think the product is available any longer.

    **EDIT** I thought I was being helpful by googling and found a softpedia page which offered an alternative download link, but it was a windows .exe file, so I deleted the link I previously added.

  4. #4
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    Kevriano's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 02, 2006
    Location
    Crawley, England
    Posts
    4,558
    Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Use our search engine. I posted a load of links in another thread about this. I'm not searching for you though.......
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

    Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)


  5. #5
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    Rottie's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 23, 2009
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
    Use our search engine. I posted a load of links in another thread about this. I'm not searching for you though.......
    Was this reply meant for me?!? Just wondering, because the answer seems to come across a little tersely. (and yes, I have now searched your posts; all 11 pages of them and didn't see anything)

  6. #6
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    Kevriano's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 02, 2006
    Location
    Crawley, England
    Posts
    4,558
    Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    Was this reply meant for me?!? Just wondering, because the answer seems to come across a little tersely. (and yes, I have now searched your posts; all 11 pages of them and didn't see anything)

    No, no, the OP. And I do get a little terse when people don't even bother to use the search engine, it's there for a reason.

    30 seconds and....

    http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...vd-labels.html
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

    Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)


  7. #7
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    Rottie's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 23, 2009
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
    No, no, the OP. And I do get a little terse when people don't even bother to use the search engine, it's there for a reason.
    Okay, just so that's cleared up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
    Oops! I guess I didn't see that - Wood and trees spring to mind.

  8. #8
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    hughvane's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 18, 2008
    Location
    Banks Peninsula, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,296
    Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.10 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottie View Post
    The link on that page (the one you've linked to) is a dead link and TBH I don't think the product is available any longer.
    No, it's not dead (reposted) MyMac Magazine &bull; Macintosh &bull; iPod &bull; iPhone &bull; Apple TV and the product is OS X compatible. Perhaps try the link in a different browser (I use Camino). Read the review though, it doesn't come across as ... umm ... favourable.
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    Please post your Mac (or other) specs and MacOS version in your post, your profile or your signature. It helps us to help you better.

    I'm leaving now to go and find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

  9. #9
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    Rottie's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 23, 2009
    Posts
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by hughvane View Post
    No, it's not dead (reposted) MyMac Magazine &bull; Macintosh &bull; iPod &bull; iPhone &bull; Apple TV and the product is OS X compatible. Perhaps try the link in a different browser (I use Camino). Read the review though, it doesn't come across as ... umm ... favourable.
    Hi Hugh,

    I'm sorry if I mislead, but it wasn't harry's link that I meant in my previous post, but the link on that review page, namely http://www.stompinc.com/cnd3d/cnd3d_...tail.phtml?stp which, when clicked, results in a 404 (page not found) error.

    And yes, I agree, that "review" doesn't exactly sing the products praises. lol

  10. #10
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    dauber's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 14, 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    443
    Specs:
    MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
    Regardless of whether someone used the "search" function...my thought is: DON'T label your CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays, at least with stick-on labels. Why? Well, because I've seen -- and experienced first-hand -- the damage labels can do to a CD...can you say, "dissolve the coating and screw up the playable surface permanently"? Will be happy to provide a picture, too.

    My advice: just take a felt-tip pen and label the plastic see-through inner ring, and put the disc in a jewel case that has an identifying insert.

  11. #11
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    Kevriano's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 02, 2006
    Location
    Crawley, England
    Posts
    4,558
    Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Quote Originally Posted by dauber View Post
    Regardless of whether someone used the "search" function...my thought is: DON'T label your CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays, at least with stick-on labels. Why? Well, because I've seen -- and experienced first-hand -- the damage labels can do to a CD...can you say, "dissolve the coating and screw up the playable surface permanently"? Will be happy to provide a picture, too.

    My advice: just take a felt-tip pen and label the plastic see-through inner ring, and put the disc in a jewel case that has an identifying insert.

    Agreed, unless you buy ink jet printable discs, and have the equipment to use them, you are better off not sticking labels on the discs. Drives are fickle things, designed to take discs of a set thickness. Adding a label messes with this, and if they start to peel in the warmth of the drive, you're in trouble.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

    Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)


  12. #12
    Good label maker program for CDs / DVDs
    TattooedMac's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 19, 2009
    Location
    Waiting for a mate . . .
    Posts
    8,379
    Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by dauber View Post
    Regardless of whether someone used the "search" function...my thought is: DON'T label your CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays, at least with stick-on labels. Why? Well, because I've seen -- and experienced first-hand -- the damage labels can do to a CD...can you say, "dissolve the coating and screw up the playable surface permanently"? Will be happy to provide a picture, too.

    My advice: just take a felt-tip pen and label the plastic see-through inner ring, and put the disc in a jewel case that has an identifying insert.
    BAM

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
    Agreed, unless you buy ink jet printable discs, and have the equipment to use them, you are better off not sticking labels on the discs. Drives are fickle things, designed to take discs of a set thickness. Adding a label messes with this, and if they start to peel in the warmth of the drive, you're in trouble.
    BAM
    Felt tip pens are the best for labelling
    Straight out of drive and name it whilst still fresh n your mind !!!!
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Label maker
    By Seabreeze in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 01:50 AM
  2. about the iWinSoft label maker
    By Jacotte33 in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 04:03 AM
  3. CD DVD Label Maker for Mac
    By fumca in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 03:57 AM
  4. CD DVD Label Maker for Mac
    By fumca in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 11:19 PM
  5. CD DVD Label Maker for Mac
    By eye138 in forum Images, Graphic Design, and Digital Photography
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 05:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •