Thread: .wmv to .mp4
01-16-2006, 06:30 PM #1andrew@twenty20Guest.wmv to .mp4
Ok so Microsoft don't want to support Windows Media Player on Mac any more.
That's cool WMP sucks anyway. But how do I convert .wmv files to .mp4? especially when you consider that some of the more recently created files won't even open in the last Mac edition of Wmp.
01-16-2006, 06:51 PM #2UncSki1218Guest
i think that iSquint can convert wmv to mp4 (not positive). choose optimize for tv or the other settings you want. also i use the free version of flip4mac. its a plug in that lets you play wmv through quicktime.
01-16-2006, 07:03 PM #3andrew@twenty20Guest
Ahh, topnotch mate. I'll give it a nudge!!!
01-16-2006, 07:24 PM #4andrew@twenty20Guest
Humm, Tried flip4mac and most of my wmv files worked and exported to mp4 fine through QT Pro, however ther were still many that didn't open.
I'm trying to down load iSquint now but it's proving to be a bit dodgy.
01-16-2006, 08:21 PM #5andrew@twenty20Guest
Well, perhaps the wmv files can't convert are just dodgy or some strange kind of codec?
Anyone with thoughts on the subject?
01-16-2006, 09:12 PM #6
- Member Since
- Oct 10, 2004
- 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
I have the same problem. About 75% of mine play in QT, but the remaining 25% won't at all, they still play in WMP. I suspect it has to do with how they were encoded originally and then converted to wmv files.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By asauterChicago in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 6Last Post: 02-12-2009, 03:36 PM
By 2ROWDY in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 2Last Post: 02-03-2009, 10:27 PM
By katethegreat in forum Movies and VideoReplies: 17Last Post: 09-25-2008, 03:38 PM
By raidair21 in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 3Last Post: 08-17-2006, 01:32 PM
By andrew@twenty20 in forum Schweb's LoungeReplies: 5Last Post: 01-16-2006, 09:12 PM