Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?

    Member Since
    Aug 04, 2008
    Posts
    2
    Exclamation How do i Play Video on my MacBook?
    Hello all, Im new here and have had my Macbook for about 1 month or so. I bought it for college. Anyways, my question is I have a Sony cybershot camera and am trying to get videos to play on my MacBook from it.... however I cant get the videos to play. Any help would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?
    Zeels90's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 04, 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    213
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
    Try connecting the camera with a USB cable that probably came with your camera and then open up the application iPhoto. iPhoto will automatically import all the videos and photos from that camera, or you could pick which ones you want.

  3. #3
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?

    Member Since
    Aug 04, 2008
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeels90 View Post
    Try connecting the camera with a USB cable that probably came with your camera and then open up the application iPhoto. iPhoto will automatically import all the videos and photos from that camera, or you could pick which ones you want.
    Thats how i have been getting my pictures on, however Iphoto isn't picking up the videos off my camera.

  4. #4
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?

    Member Since
    Dec 24, 2006
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    901
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
    import the video footage in to imovie then export as a quicktime file

  5. #5
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?
    cuhnool's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 02, 2008
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    1,502
    Specs:
    MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    import the video footage in to imovie then export as a quicktime file
    I guess I need to do that in order for my video audio to work in iMovie HD 6?? The audio disappears when uploaded in iMovie HD 6, but the camera files are MPEG format. Yet, when I use Flip4Mac files, the audio works perfectly. Isn't that backwards??

  6. #6
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?
    Zeels90's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 04, 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    213
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
    Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    import the video footage in to imovie then export as a quicktime file
    Do this. Otherwise maybe the file type isn't directly readable on a Mac? I've never heard of video being difficult to import on to a mac unless it was from a harddrive camera onto a non-intel mac.

  7. #7
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?

    Member Since
    Dec 24, 2006
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    901
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
    Quote Originally Posted by cuhnool View Post
    I guess I need to do that in order for my video audio to work in iMovie HD 6?? The audio disappears when uploaded in iMovie HD 6, but the camera files are MPEG format. Yet, when I use Flip4Mac files, the audio works perfectly. Isn't that backwards??
    OK if you can get at the mpeg files themselves then try converting them with mpeg stream clip and then import in to imovie for editing.

  8. #8
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?

    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Posts
    101
    Specs:
    alienware,mbp,imac(3),blackjack,Hp running macintosh,
    Download isquint

  9. #9
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?

    Member Since
    Aug 05, 2008
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Del View Post
    OK if you can get at the mpeg files themselves then try converting them with mpeg stream clip and then import in to imovie for editing.
    that's what I ended up doing. I also own a cybershot, and imovie would not recognize the videos that I downloaded in iphoto. With streamclip, you can change the codec from mpeg1 to mpeg4 and then import into imovie

  10. #10
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?

    Member Since
    Dec 24, 2006
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    901
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambuka View Post
    that's what I ended up doing. I also own a cybershot, and imovie would not recognize the videos that I downloaded in iphoto. With streamclip, you can change the codec from mpeg1 to mpeg4 and then import into imovie
    Yeah thought that would cure it for you

  11. #11
    How do i Play Video on my MacBook?
    Zeels90's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 04, 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    213
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
    Well done

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Macbook Air won't play video
    By ofdw in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2012, 04:25 AM
  2. What cables would I need to play video from my MacBook on my TV
    By MaizeKraize in forum Other Hardware and Peripherals
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 01:50 PM
  3. My Macbook shuts down when I try to play a game or a video.
    By Awright22 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 12:57 AM
  4. Use Macbook Air to Play Video on TV???
    By bswain06 in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 05:47 PM
  5. How to play video in Ipod Video?
    By vicdeng in forum iPod Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •