Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: iPod Touch FTW!

  1. #1
    iPod Touch FTW!

    Member Since
    Jun 24, 2007
    Posts
    42
    iPod Touch FTW!
    So after debating for quite some time, I decided on a Touch. The screen is just so much prettier than the Classic! I know this isn't important to anyone else, but I am uber excited. WOOT!

  2. #2
    iPod Touch FTW!

    Member Since
    Apr 28, 2006
    Posts
    2,542
    Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    If you don't need the extra space and you got the extra cash, it would be senseless to go in for an iPod classic. The Touch is definitely a winner...

  3. #3
    iPod Touch FTW!
    macAttack's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 23, 2005
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    1,509
    Specs:
    iBook
    the space? what space? who can fit videos and music on 8 or 16 GB?

  4. #4
    iPod Touch FTW!
    digitalscrap's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 14, 2007
    Posts
    185
    Specs:
    White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by macAttack View Post
    the space? what space? who can fit videos and music on 8 or 16 GB?
    Me. I don't need to keep ALL of my movies and music on it at all times... I plan to keep about 7GB of music on it, and just swap movies on and off before I go on business trips...

    I honestly don't understand wanting to have ALL of your media in your pocket at all times - that's what my Macs and FW drives are for.

  5. #5
    iPod Touch FTW!
    Kash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 03, 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,385
    Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by macAttack View Post
    the space? what space? who can fit videos and music on 8 or 16 GB?
    You obviously don't put full size videos on a device that has a 3 inch screen. You convert them to the appropriate size, and you end up saving a ton of space as a result. 8GB is plenty of space when you don't have videos with resolutions too high for the device.

    June 2007
    July 2009

  6. #6
    iPod Touch FTW!
    Brandon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 28, 2007
    Posts
    255
    Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    You obviously don't put full size videos on a device that has a 3 inch screen. You convert them to the appropriate size, and you end up saving a ton of space as a result. 8GB is plenty of space when you don't have videos with resolutions too high for the device.
    Good point.

  7. #7
    iPod Touch FTW!

    Member Since
    Aug 08, 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    103
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15", 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, NVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
    Can't wait to get my 16GB Touch, not realeased until end of September =(

  8. #8
    iPod Touch FTW!

    Member Since
    Apr 28, 2006
    Posts
    2,542
    Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
    I have a hard time trying to put songs into my 512MB iPod. 8GB will be 'almost' too much for me!

  9. #9
    iPod Touch FTW!

    Member Since
    Sep 13, 2007
    Posts
    1
    Cool
    I never owned a Apple product before. I been looking for a MP3 player and have never gone the apple route.. but after some time.. and looked into the specs and my needs.. I was all up for the Touch and placed an order for it.

    My question is.... 69 for th extended warranty... is this worth the investment?

  10. #10
    iPod Touch FTW!

    Member Since
    May 18, 2007
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by lebz View Post
    I never owned a Apple product before. I been looking for a MP3 player and have never gone the apple route.. but after some time.. and looked into the specs and my needs.. I was all up for the Touch and placed an order for it.

    My question is.... 69 for th extended warranty... is this worth the investment?
    First year model, its definitely worth the investemnt

  11. #11
    iPod Touch FTW!
    Kash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 03, 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,385
    Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Don't be so quick to recommend AppleCare yemilipede. You have to keep in mind that AppleCare only covers manufacturer's defects, not accidental damage. So to be honest, I find AppleCare on an iPod to not be worth it.

    I personally think that if one were to get an iPod, to get it from a big box retailer like Best Buy and then use their extended warranty as that one DOES cover you for pretty much anything. You can essentially get a brand new iPod two years after you bought it.

    June 2007
    July 2009

  12. #12
    iPod Touch FTW!
    pingpongitore's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 18, 2007
    Posts
    75
    Specs:
    macbook C2D 2.0GHz 2GB RAM 250GB HDD
    I have the current Gen ipod video and it is definitely worth it to have the support plan. Oh and btw, what software could I use to resize video files to the ipod's resolution, I use handbrake to rip them from my dvd's but what would I use to resize it? Sorry didn't mean to hijack
    macbook pro [unibody] 2.53 GHz 4gb ram 640gb hdd


  13. #13
    iPod Touch FTW!
    Dimitri's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 08, 2007
    Location
    Stillwater, MN
    Posts
    634
    Specs:
    Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    I personally think that if one were to get an iPod, to get it from a big box retailer like Best Buy and then use their extended warranty as that one DOES cover you for pretty much anything. You can essentially get a brand new iPod two years after you bought it.
    Depends. My wife's ipod was sent in 3 times over a 2 month period at Best Lie. They refused to replace it until it was sent in 4 times and still had problems. I vowed never to get an extended coverage plan from them again.
    Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
    Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
    Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" 2.8GHz
    Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)

  14. #14
    iPod Touch FTW!
    Jeff's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 30, 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    805
    Specs:
    Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalscrap View Post
    Me. I don't need to keep ALL of my movies and music on it at all times... I plan to keep about 7GB of music on it, and just swap movies on and off before I go on business trips...

    I honestly don't understand wanting to have ALL of your media in your pocket at all times - that's what my Macs and FW drives are for.
    It's all about convenience. Sitting on a plane, you could have all your music and videos on your 160gig iPod Classic, Vs. digging in the overhead for your laptop and firewire drive, and having to set that mess up on your try table... I think the iPod wins.
    Black MacBook
    Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
    B&W G3
    G4's - PowerMac & Cube

  15. #15
    iPod Touch FTW!
    digitalscrap's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 14, 2007
    Posts
    185
    Specs:
    White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    It's all about convenience. Sitting on a plane, you could have all your music and videos on your 160gig iPod Classic, Vs. digging in the overhead for your laptop and firewire drive, and having to set that mess up on your try table... I think the iPod wins.
    I guess it's all about how you manage your media and prepare then. I've always (had an old Archos for video previously, now will be getting the 16GB iPod Touch) just copied one or two movies that I haven't seen yet to the device, and watch those on the plane. And 7GB of music is more than enough to keep me occupied for the duration of the flight.

    Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I don't see how one is going to watch 20 different movies and listen to 20,000 songs on a flight.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sync new iPod Touch 4G to old iPod Touch 2G Library
    By applewax in forum iPod Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 07:04 PM
  2. iPod Touch - ipod touch not workings after upgrading the os
    By berrill in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 02:22 PM
  3. iPod Touch: Having a hard time disconnecting connector from iPod touch.
    By kman79 in forum iPod Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •