Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death

    Member Since
    May 02, 2006
    Posts
    42
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    .

    I thought everyone might find this amusing.

    No wonder Steve was puffed today about
    people throwing BS at his little baby.

    No doubt there will be some "jaw dropping"
    when this gets around.

    YouTube - Antenna Issue with Droid X

    .

  2. #2
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    AUZambo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 06, 2006
    Posts
    282
    Specs:
    2006 Macbook Pro 15.4" glossy screen, 2.16 ghz, 640 gb, 2 gb ram
    Very interesting.

  3. #3
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    fleurya's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 18, 2006
    Location
    Anytown, USA
    Posts
    4,925
    Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad
    Hopefully someone can post a video that isn't total crap.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

  4. #4
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    roeiboot's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 18, 2010
    Location
    Skamerica
    Posts
    446
    Specs:
    MB061LL/B & iPhone4
    Steve was right...

    (and yea, that video is sub-par)
    ~rb
    iPhone 4 /16GB MacBook3,1 iPad my blog

  5. #5
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    XJ-linux's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 02, 2007
    Location
    Going Galt...
    Posts
    3,418
    Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.3
    It's OK, Steve said all the cool phones are doing it.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

  6. #6
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,477
    Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
    It's OK, Steve said all the cool phones are doing it.
    Every and I repeat every cell phone I have here old to new if I grip it around the antenna does what those videos are showing. I don't make things up. Like I said in another thread, you have to be in an area where the signal is low to begin with.

  7. #7
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    baggss's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 10, 2004
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    10,310
    Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    Every and I repeat every cell phone I have here old to new if I grip it around the antenna does what those videos are showing. I don't make things up. Like I said in another thread, you have to be in an area where the signal is low to begin with.
    Yep. Happens on my 3G in my living-room. Always has.

    I have some Droid loving friends that aren't going to like that very much though.


  8. #8
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death

    Member Since
    Jul 17, 2010
    Posts
    2
    I can one up ya. I can sit my ip4 down and not even touch it and drop all 5 bars and then go back up and down etc. with an endless cycle. This is also my 2nd ip4 to do the same thing. I wish Verizon was around here, I would get that beast of a phone. At least for the droidx, you may be able to fix it with software as the antennae is on the INSIDE OF THE PHONE!!!

  9. #9
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    chas_m's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    18,933
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    As demonstrated in the video posted today by Apple (specifically using an HTC Android phone), it doesn't matter that much if the antenna is inside the phone.

  10. #10
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    schweb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    13,190
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pherball66 View Post
    I can one up ya. I can sit my ip4 down and not even touch it and drop all 5 bars and then go back up and down etc. with an endless cycle. This is also my 2nd ip4 to do the same thing. I wish Verizon was around here, I would get that beast of a phone. At least for the droidx, you may be able to fix it with software as the antennae is on the INSIDE OF THE PHONE!!!
    That just sounds to me like AT&T has crap coverage at your house. Don't blame the phone.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

    Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr


  11. #11
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    bobtomay's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 22, 2006
    Location
    Texas, where else?
    Posts
    26,206
    Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '11 1.8 i7 4GB 10.10; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.10; 5s & 5c
    Quote Originally Posted by Pherball66 View Post
    I can one up ya. I can sit my ip4 down and not even touch it and drop all 5 bars and then go back up and down etc. with an endless cycle. This is also my 2nd ip4 to do the same thing. I wish Verizon was around here, I would get that beast of a phone. At least for the droidx, you may be able to fix it with software as the antennae is on the INSIDE OF THE PHONE!!!
    Just don't get it. I had the first gen iPhone, skipped the 3G and upgraded to the 3GS. I have yet to sit around and stare at the status bar. Don't have a clue if the bars go up and down while sitting in one spot or not and don't really care if they do as long as the phone is working when I make a call.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

  12. #12
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,477
    Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
    Just don't get it. I had the first gen iPhone, skipped the 3G and upgraded to the 3GS. I have yet to sit around and stare at the status bar. Don't have a clue if the bars go up and down while sitting in one spot or not and don't really care if they do as long as the phone is working when I make a call.
    Bob, at the end of the day that is really what matters does it not? Making your phone call. If you can make the call and all is fine, who cares about anything else!

    Only time I really check signal on my 3G is in the mountains (which is rare for me now) as signal there is spotty and here at the house as like I said, I am in a dead area.

    Well said.

  13. #13
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death

    Member Since
    Jul 14, 2010
    Posts
    48
    And most importantly it comes with a double antenna design. So you can hold it any way you want.

    Motorola Droid X -- hold it any way you like | Android Central

    Way to go, Motorola...

  14. #14
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death
    schweb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 27, 2002
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    13,190
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by applebjesus View Post
    And most importantly it comes with a double antenna design. So you can hold it any way you want.

    Motorola Droid X -- hold it any way you like | Android Central

    Way to go, Motorola...
    Funny because that's not what the video shows... lol

    And I would hope they could fit 2 antennas in that thing given it's the size of a small house.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

    Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr


  15. #15
    Droid X and the Bar Dropping Grip of Death

    Member Since
    Jul 14, 2010
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    Funny because that's not what the video shows... lol

    And I would hope they could fit 2 antennas in that thing given it's the size of a small house.
    I was being sarcastic there in response to the video and I forgot to add a smiley to the end of my reply.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Intuous 4 Grip Pen no longer working.
    By peachgirl in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 10:02 PM
  2. HTC HD7 suffers from death grip syndrome?
    By Mattlike in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 05:16 PM
  3. 13" pro grip case and key protector
    By quattle in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 04:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •