Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Iphone 3G stopped getting signal

    Member Since
    Aug 27, 2009
    Posts
    3
    Iphone 3G stopped getting signal
    I have had my Iphone for about 9 months and have had no problems with it. Today it no longer gets a signal anywhere. It just says "searching" or "no service" at all times. Can anyone help me with what could be the problem?

  2. #2
    Iphone 3G stopped getting signal
    Eric559's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,185
    Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimball View Post
    I have had my Iphone for about 9 months and have had no problems with it. Today it no longer gets a signal anywhere. It just says "searching" or "no service" at all times. Can anyone help me with what could be the problem?
    Well what have you done already to try and solve the problem?
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

  3. #3
    Iphone 3G stopped getting signal

    Member Since
    Aug 27, 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
    Well what have you done already to try and solve the problem?
    I have tried powering off and powering back on, and I have downloaded the new software update. I don't know of anything else to try.

  4. #4
    Iphone 3G stopped getting signal
    Eric559's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,185
    Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykimball View Post
    I have tried powering off and powering back on, and I have downloaded the new software update. I don't know of anything else to try.
    Have you tried restoring the firmware without installing from backup.
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

  5. #5
    Iphone 3G stopped getting signal

    Member Since
    Aug 27, 2009
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
    Have you tried restoring the firmware without installing from backup.
    What does that mean and how exactly do you do it?

  6. #6
    Iphone 3G stopped getting signal
    Eric559's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,185
    Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone signal strength
    By turn176 in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2015, 06:17 AM
  2. IPhone 5 signal/reception strength
    By Blazbo in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 10:23 PM
  3. iPhone 4s Signal Strength?
    By Silex in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
  4. iPhone 4 signal issues, your take?
    By JordanJez in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 06:09 AM
  5. Iphone 3g Signal Strength
    By shiffty1032231 in forum iPhone Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •