Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later
    Stretch's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 13, 2007
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,773
    Specs:
    15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
    I have a 1st gen and 2nd gen iPad, both still have strong batteries. We can use them several days before thinking about charging them.
    Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

    Currently running OS X 10.10

  2. #17
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later
    mrplow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 01, 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,759
    Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    Still really loving my iPad '1' and iOS 5.1 seems to have given it a bit more grunt too! 5.0.1 seemed to slow it a little but it's all good now. It's even running iPhoto well
    External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

    Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post

  3. #18
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later

    Member Since
    Dec 31, 2010
    Location
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Posts
    443
    Specs:
    Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running Yosemite
    My iPad 1 is still holding up excellent, with the no noticeable degradation of battery life.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    Still really loving my iPad '1' and iOS 5.1 seems to have given it a bit more grunt too! 5.0.1 seemed to slow it a little but it's all good now. It's even running iPhoto well
    My iPad 1 is iOS 5.1 but it refused to load iPhoto - yours will do that?

  4. #19
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later
    iggibar's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 20, 2009
    Location
    C-Town
    Posts
    4,071
    Specs:
    Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*
    So, will it be possible to calculate the average battery % loss from the users that reported, at those monthly intervals, and show it on a graph? I know there are iPad apps that monitor battery health the same way as CoconutBattery does. That would be something that I would really enjoy looking at. I've been really impressed with Apple's batteries, or choice of battery vendors.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

  5. #20
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later
    Zoolook's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 24, 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,756
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    I'm still easily getting 10 hours. Last night my iPad had 78% charge. I watched a 720p Game of Thrones (about 55 mins) last might, posted a bunch of Mac Forum posts this morning and replied to my emails as well as updating the Twitter app and I have TuneIn radio in the background for the last 30 mins, that's about 3 hours this morning with the screen on and off during that time. Charge? 61%. In fact, I think I get almost 11 hours on a full charge.

    I'm getting the new iPad, but whoever gets this iPad will still get decent battery life.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge


  6. #21
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later

    Member Since
    Mar 06, 2008
    Posts
    19
    Ya, the energizer bunny has nothing on this iPad battery technology.

  7. #22
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later
    Zoolook's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 24, 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,756
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by dbm View Post
    My iPad 1 is still holding up excellent, with the no noticeable degradation of battery life.



    My iPad 1 is iOS 5.1 but it refused to load iPhoto - yours will do that?
    iPhoto doesn't work on iPad 1 - the iTunes store reviews are full of complaints about that fact (Apple says it's the fact it doesn't have a front facing camera, but the real reason is the paltry 256mb of RAM it has).
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge


  8. #23
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later

    Member Since
    Dec 31, 2010
    Location
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Posts
    443
    Specs:
    Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
    iPhoto doesn't work on iPad 1 - the iTunes store reviews are full of complaints about that fact (Apple says it's the fact it doesn't have a front facing camera, but the real reason is the paltry 256mb of RAM it has).
    Cool, thanks

  9. #24
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later
    mrplow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 01, 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,759
    Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    Oh ye of little faith....... iPhoto works really well on iPad 1, I was really surprised just how well it worked.

    You just need to use the Apple iPhone configuration utility to install it. The same is true of iMovie - but that doesn't run do well.

    There are several guides knocking around, here's one:
    Install iPhoto App For iOS On iPad 1 [How-To] | Redmond Pie
    External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

    Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post

  10. #25
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later
    Zoolook's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 24, 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,756
    Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by mrplow View Post
    Oh ye of little faith....... iPhoto works really well on iPad 1, I was really surprised just how well it worked.

    You just need to use the Apple iPhone configuration utility to install it. The same is true of iMovie - but that doesn't run do well.

    There are several guides knocking around, here's one:
    Install iPhoto App For iOS On iPad 1 [How-To] | Redmond Pie
    I saw the story on Arstechnica a few days ago, but it's important for the average Joe to note that a) it isn't supported (future updates may break compatibility) b) large photos won't load into memory, resulting in a crash and c) you can't do it without a Mac.

    But you're right, it's technically possible.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
    - Joan D. Vinge


  11. #26
    iPad Battery Life 2 Years Later
    mrplow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 01, 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,759
    Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.10, iPhone6, iPad Air 2, AppleTV2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
    I saw the story on Arstechnica a few days ago, but it's important for the average Joe to note that a) it isn't supported (future updates may break compatibility) b) large photos won't load into memory, resulting in a crash and c) you can't do it without a Mac.

    But you're right, it's technically possible.
    Granted it's not the conventional route.

    But I've had it work with 14mp images ok but I imagine that pushed too hard it'd struggle.

    It doesn't, however need a Mac. There's a windows version of the utility too.
    External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

    Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. iPad 1.0 Battery Life...3, 6, 9, or 12 Months Later
    By pigoo3 in forum iPad Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 08:50 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 05:21 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 11:54 AM
  4. 1 of the best years of my life!
    By skye in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 05:44 PM
  5. Battery Life (as in years)
    By arkman_1411 in forum iPod Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •