Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Oct 21, 2007
    Posts
    16
    Specs:
    15" MBP 2.53 C2D, 7200 500 GB HD, 32GB 3GS, 32GB iSlate, Extreme, Express, Magic Mouse, BT Keyboard
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad
    Long story short, I hit the lottery at Best Buy by returning an iPod Classic 160 GB and received $95 more then it currently sells for. Because of this, I have to purchase my iPad at Best Buy. Any info on when they will get a supply of Wi-Fi iPads at Best Buy? They didn't know much about it in the store.

  2. #2
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Sep 04, 2009
    Posts
    562
    Specs:
    32G iPad
    a week or so after release, they did that with the MBA

  3. #3
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Feb 14, 2010
    Posts
    262
    I was wondering the same. And also for those of you who have an Apple store near by, is there any in display or any that people can actually try?

  4. #4
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Sep 04, 2009
    Posts
    562
    Specs:
    32G iPad
    yes, its along desk with all the apple items, kinda like a apple store.

  5. #5
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Jan 27, 2007
    Location
    *Brisvegas*
    Posts
    5,658
    Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Best put in a preorder with best buy if you actually want one in the first shipment of ipads to best buy. They could be pre-order sold out.

  6. #6
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Feb 14, 2010
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by BadApple View Post
    yes, its along desk with all the apple items, kinda like a apple store.
    Oh good then you had the opportunity to try one didn't you?

  7. #7
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Mar 21, 2010
    Posts
    4
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawg737 View Post
    Long story short, I hit the lottery at Best Buy by returning an iPod Classic 160 GB and received $95 more then it currently sells for. Because of this, I have to purchase my iPad at Best Buy. Any info on when they will get a supply of Wi-Fi iPads at Best Buy? They didn't know much about it in the store.
    Don't forget to buy the Best Buy extended three year warranty and get the Best Buy 'optimization' of your new iPad by the Geek Squad. They will also have a boat load of Best Buy iPad accessories and a special iPad USB power cable for $50 that you may buy. I think they even have a Best Buy iPad application that automatically links you to their store if you think of anything else.

    Did I forget anything about the Best Buy iPad experience?

  8. #8
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Mar 23, 2010
    Posts
    28
    Will Best Buy have a restocking fee?


    Quote Originally Posted by 4phun View Post
    Don't forget to buy the Best Buy extended three year warranty and get the Best Buy 'optimization' of your new iPad by the Geek Squad. They will also have a boat load of Best Buy iPad accessories and a special iPad USB power cable for $50 that you may buy. I think they even have a Best Buy iPad application that automatically links you to their store if you think of anything else.

    Did I forget anything about the Best Buy iPad experience?

  9. #9
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Oct 21, 2007
    Posts
    16
    Specs:
    15" MBP 2.53 C2D, 7200 500 GB HD, 32GB 3GS, 32GB iSlate, Extreme, Express, Magic Mouse, BT Keyboard
    Sold my Best Buy card and am buying an Apple Store card at 90% on the dollar. Problem solved.

  10. #10
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Dec 08, 2007
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    142
    Specs:
    27" iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by iserian View Post
    Will Best Buy have a restocking fee?
    They have done away with restocking fees. They still keep the 14 day return on most of these electronics though.

    I will point out that if you are a Reward Zone Silver Member, you can return ANY item in the store up to 45 days if you are not satisfied.... mind you the basic return rules still apply (has to be in like new shape, all accessories, etc. They will have to be able to at least resell it as open box).

  11. #11
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Mar 23, 2010
    Posts
    28
    Do you work for Best Buy? If they have done away with restocking fee's that is a very good thing.

    What does it take to be a Reward Zone Silver?


    Quote Originally Posted by Kalison View Post
    They have done away with restocking fees. They still keep the 14 day return on most of these electronics though.

    I will point out that if you are a Reward Zone Silver Member, you can return ANY item in the store up to 45 days if you are not satisfied.... mind you the basic return rules still apply (has to be in like new shape, all accessories, etc. They will have to be able to at least resell it as open box).

  12. #12
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Dec 08, 2007
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    142
    Specs:
    27" iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by iserian View Post
    Do you work for Best Buy? If they have done away with restocking fee's that is a very good thing.

    What does it take to be a Reward Zone Silver?
    No, I don't work for Best Buy. I have spoken with employees many times (in my local stores, as well as out of state stores I have visited), as well as returned my fair share of items that I was not satisfied with. In fact I even hear them pitching the no restocking fee as a boon to buy something from them.

    I believe to be Reward Silver you have to spend like 2500 dollars or more in a year.

  13. #13
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Mar 24, 2010
    Posts
    8
    iPad at Apple Store
    Was at my local Apple Store this weekend. None on display and they said there would be no display models until April 3rd.

  14. #14
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Feb 14, 2010
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by mu2002cs View Post
    Was at my local Apple Store this weekend. None on display and they said there would be no display models until April 3rd.
    I know where I would be on the 3rd...

  15. #15
    Any Idea of When Best Buy will be getting the iPad

    Member Since
    Mar 23, 2010
    Posts
    28
    I'll have to Check out Best-buy again - back in the day before the crazy restocking fee I spent South of 2.5K/year a few times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalison View Post
    No, I don't work for Best Buy. I have spoken with employees many times (in my local stores, as well as out of state stores I have visited), as well as returned my fair share of items that I was not satisfied with. In fact I even hear them pitching the no restocking fee as a boon to buy something from them.

    I believe to be Reward Silver you have to spend like 2500 dollars or more in a year.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Idea for Ipad..
    By realdealthill in forum iPad Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 08:00 PM
  2. Best Buy Forcing Customers To Buy Service Plan To Get An iPad 2?
    By OneMoreThing... in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 09:47 PM
  3. Buy concert tickets via itunes - patent/idea
    By the8thark in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 05:43 PM
  4. 50 dollar Apple gift card.I have NO idea what to buy
    By I_LOVE_MY_MAC in forum Schweb's Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 08:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •