Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Issues with iMessage

  1. #1


    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    Issues with iMessage
    Good day and pardon me if this is the wrong forum.
    I am having issues with my iMessage across platforms.
    I have an iPhone with Beta 12, and iPad with IOS 11.4 and OS High Sierra Beta 10.13.6

    Neither my iPad or Mac Book messengers will recognize non iPhone contacts. I can interact with them on my phone no problem but I can't send msgs to non iPhone contacts from my iPad or Mac.

    Does anyone have any insight, please and thank you.

  2. #2


    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    Further to my post, my messages are apperaing to iPhone users as rob.....@icloud.com instead of my phone number

  3. #3


    Member Since
    May 21, 2012
    Location
    Pawtucket, RI, USA
    Posts
    4,418
    Make sue your iPhone phone number appears in the settings for Messages. Look in Settings > Messages > Send & Receive.
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

  4. #4

    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    55,791
    Go to your iCloud.com account and check your contacts list. Make sure the contacts list showing at iCloud.com is the same that you have on your other devices. Bring the list up to date if necessary, save it, and then sign out of iCloud on all your devices. After that, sign back in on all your devices to see if the problem has been solved.

    Keep in mind that since you're on several betas that things may not be working as they should. Normally though, beta versions should not impact iMessage unless Apple has made changes.

  5. #5


    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    I only have @icloud and @gmail in there

  6. #6


    Member Since
    May 21, 2012
    Location
    Pawtucket, RI, USA
    Posts
    4,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie Newbie View Post
    I only have @icloud and @gmail in there
    In where, it doesn't tell us who you are replying to?
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

  7. #7


    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    Sorry
    "Make sue your iPhone phone number appears in the settings for Messages. Look in Settings > Messages > Send & Receive."


    I only have @icloud and @gmail in there, no phone number

  8. #8


    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Go to your iCloud.com account and check your contacts list. Make sure the contacts list showing at iCloud.com is the same that you have on your other devices. Bring the list up to date if necessary, save it, and then sign out of iCloud on all your devices. After that, sign back in on all your devices to see if the problem has been solved.

    Keep in mind that since you're on several betas that things may not be working as they should. Normally though, beta versions should not impact iMessage unless Apple has made changes.

    I appreciate your help but I'm not quite sure what you are telling me to do.

  9. #9


    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    I added my phone number to my phone (iCloud), for some reason it was not there. However if I text my phone number it comes up green. My iPad and computer and phone now all have the number, but when I try to text from my iPad the number is grey. This all happened after I went to Beta 12 but I don't know why it would impact my other 2 devices
    Last edited by Scoobie Newbie; 06-26-2018 at 09:20 PM.

  10. #10


    Member Since
    May 21, 2012
    Location
    Pawtucket, RI, USA
    Posts
    4,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie Newbie View Post
    Sorry
    "Make sue your iPhone phone number appears in the settings for Messages. Look in Settings > Messages > Send & Receive."


    I only have @icloud and @gmail in there, no phone number
    Are you signed in to your Apple ID on the iPhone? Also, look in your Contacts app, and confirm the correct "Card" is selected as your "me" contacts card.

    Edit: Messages will only wok (blue) with iCloud email, or iPhone phone number, Face Time too.
    Last edited by ferrarr; 06-26-2018 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added info
    -- Bob --
    Please backup. Everything has a life cycle, unexpected and warning free. Nothing will last as long as you want it to.

  11. #11


    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrarr View Post
    Are you signed in to your Apple ID on the iPhone? Also, look in your Contacts app, and confirm the correct "Card" is selected as your "me" contacts card.

    Edit: Messages will only wok (blue) with iCloud email, or iPhone phone number, Face Time too.
    I am signed in yes, my contacts app says "My Card"

  12. #12


    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    The biggest problem is I can't text any non-apple users on my Mac or iPad anymore

  13. #13

    chscag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 23, 2008
    Location
    Keller, Texas
    Posts
    55,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie Newbie View Post
    The biggest problem is I can't text any non-apple users on my Mac or iPad anymore
    What you're telling us is that you can not SMS using iMessage? But you can still message back and forth with other Apple device owners? Have you considered that maybe the iOS beta 12 has changed something?

  14. #14


    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    Yes I have thought that.

    Right now I only have email contacts under Messages, Send and Recieve. I somehow need to add my phone number.

  15. #15


    Member Since
    May 03, 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    I've now added my phone number into the Send and Recieve. Fingers crossed it seems all good now. Thanks to all that helped!
    Last edited by Scoobie Newbie; 06-26-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. iMessage
    By mountainmac in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 09:29 PM
  2. iMessage
    By SoundObsession in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 09:41 PM
  3. iMessage
    By north_guy in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2012, 01:14 AM
  4. iMessage for OSX
    By Howker in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 09:15 PM
  5. When is an iMessage not an iMessage
    By dbm in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 06:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •