Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s

    Member Since
    Mar 31, 2012
    Posts
    6
    please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s
    I need to watch movies on my iphone4s, need a vide o player.
    i have done lots of google search, there are so ma ny of them!
    which one is the best? please help

    avplayer rushplayer seems to have the best playbac k speed, and goodplayer aceplayer buzzplayer also  claims to be good, how can i choose one??

  2. #2
    please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s

    Member Since
    Mar 31, 2012
    Posts
    6
    ok, since no one is responding, i have taken my shot, just purchased RushPlayer, it meets my need.
    thanks!

  3. #3
    please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s
    chas_m's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    18,933
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Was there something wrong with the included "Videos" app?

  4. #4
    please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s

    Member Since
    Mar 31, 2012
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Was there something wrong with the included "Videos" app?
    you mean apple's video player? lots of video formats are not supported, like avi, mkv.. i need to get a video player supporting everything just like vlc on mac, but with better performance.

  5. #5
    please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s

    Member Since
    Mar 31, 2012
    Posts
    6
    how nice if apple can create a perfect video player itself !!

  6. #6
    please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s
    chas_m's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    18,933
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrpeak View Post
    you mean apple's video player? lots of video formats are not supported, like avi, mkv.. i need to get a video player supporting everything just like vlc on mac, but with better performance.
    Why not just convert the videos?

    For a very limited time, a port of VLC was available for the iPhone; I happened to grab it at that time and still have it. It does a TERRIBLE job of playing those files ... lots of motion artifacts, buffering, out of sync etc etc ... and this is on an iPhone 4, the next to fastest thing Apple sells in mobile devices!

    Find a good batch converter that can convert the files while you're asleep and load em up that way ... A LOT less hassle. I mean, if there's really a player that can SMOOTHLY and CORRECTLY play those formats on an iPad/iPhone I'm all ears, but as far as I can determine this hasn't happened yet.

  7. #7
    please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s

    Member Since
    Mar 31, 2012
    Posts
    6
    my friend, you are talking about things happened two years ago.
    try RushPlayer or AVPlayer, see if you still need a converter...



    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    Why not just convert the videos?

    For a very limited time, a port of VLC was available for the iPhone; I happened to grab it at that time and still have it. It does a TERRIBLE job of playing those files ... lots of motion artifacts, buffering, out of sync etc etc ... and this is on an iPhone 4, the next to fastest thing Apple sells in mobile devices!

    Find a good batch converter that can convert the files while you're asleep and load em up that way ... A LOT less hassle. I mean, if there's really a player that can SMOOTHLY and CORRECTLY play those formats on an iPad/iPhone I'm all ears, but as far as I can determine this hasn't happened yet.

  8. #8
    please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s
    chas_m's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 22, 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    18,933
    Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrpeak View Post
    my friend, you are talking about things happened two years ago.
    try RushPlayer or AVPlayer, see if you still need a converter...
    I certainly wouldn't mind trying them, but I mostly "rip" my movies myself, I don't download them much as that's generally illegal.

    But I'm glad to hear there is progress on this front over VLC. It will occasionally play things smoothly, but for the most part its pretty awful.

  9. #9
    I agree that converting the files is probably the best idea.

  10. #10
    please recommend a movie player for my iphone4s

    Member Since
    Mar 31, 2012
    Posts
    6
    Ha, you are right, i don't watch videos that much too. but it won't do you any bad to have a video player on your device. the performance for rushplayer is ok, no obvious lag.

    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    I certainly wouldn't mind trying them, but I mostly "rip" my movies myself, I don't download them much as that's generally illegal.

    But I'm glad to hear there is progress on this front over VLC. It will occasionally play things smoothly, but for the most part its pretty awful.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Movie Player
    By starkhund in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 07:49 AM
  2. Movie player
    By starkhund in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 02:29 PM
  3. How do I set VLC as my default movie player?
    By puggle_205 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 09:14 AM
  4. Movie Player ------> Desktop
    By DoneDeal in forum Movies and Video
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 11:27 PM
  5. Default Movie Player for Front Row
    By roxster in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 10:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •