Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?
    DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts
    275
    Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?
    I am getting a new iphone because my other one broke. How does it work with my current apps that I purchased etc?

    Do they just transfer over?

    Thanks
    "Death to Toasters" - John Connor

    "All Hail the Power of Bauer"

    "The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos

  2. #2
    Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?
    Kash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 03, 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,385
    Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    If you've backed up your phone, then everything should transfer over to the new phone, including your purchased apps.

    June 2007
    July 2009

  3. #3
    Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?
    DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    If you've backed up your phone, then everything should transfer over to the new phone, including your purchased apps.
    Ok, the other reason I ask is that instead of immediately getting a replacement, I was thinking of waiting for the new iphone, here in about 2 weeks.

    Do you think that matters?
    "Death to Toasters" - John Connor

    "All Hail the Power of Bauer"

    "The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos

  4. #4
    Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?
    Kash's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 03, 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    9,385
    Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    Nope, just plug it in, select the backup, and you'll be good to go in a matter of minutes. It's what I did when I upgraded from the first gen iPhone to the 3G, and there's no reason to think it won't be just as simple for the 3GS

    June 2007
    July 2009

  5. #5
    Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?
    DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Nope, just plug it in, select the backup, and you'll be good to go in a matter of minutes. It's what I did when I upgraded from the first gen iPhone to the 3G, and there's no reason to think it won't be just as simple for the 3GS
    Kewl....my only real question is that I am still within my 30 days...so they may make me refund the old one and then re-sell the new one. Hopefully they won't make me change my number. If they do, who knows what will happen at that point.
    "Death to Toasters" - John Connor

    "All Hail the Power of Bauer"

    "The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos

  6. #6
    Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?
    Eric559's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,185
    Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
    Kewl....my only real question is that I am still within my 30 days...so they may make me refund the old one and then re-sell the new one. Hopefully they won't make me change my number. If they do, who knows what will happen at that point.
    You get a new number and you do the same exact thing that Kash told you.

    Apps are tied to the Apple Store ID. Not to a phone number or to a certain device.
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

  7. #7
    Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?
    DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
    You get a new number and you do the same exact thing that Kash told you.

    Apps are tied to the Apple Store ID. Not to a phone number or to a certain device.

    That is exactly what wanted to know!!

    Thanks!

    I also have a Blackberry curve where everything is dependent on the device code, exact opposite!

    Thanks!
    "Death to Toasters" - John Connor

    "All Hail the Power of Bauer"

    "The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos

  8. #8
    Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?
    Eric559's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2007
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    3,185
    Specs:
    2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
    That is exactly what wanted to know!!

    Thanks!

    I also have a Blackberry curve where everything is dependent on the device code, exact opposite!

    Thanks!
    Oh yeah I remember that! Nope not here. Tied to Apple ID
    Member Of The Month for December '08.
    It's only the internet!

  9. #9
    Changing iPhone hardware, how do I keep my apps I purchased?
    DeathtoToasters's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 24, 2007
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric559 View Post
    Oh yeah I remember that! Nope not here. Tied to Apple ID
    very nice....something apple did correctly!
    "Death to Toasters" - John Connor

    "All Hail the Power of Bauer"

    "The Heavens will run red with Blood, but in the End, As Always, Thanos will Stand Triumphant!" - Thanos

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New iPad - No Purchased Apps
    By Nighthawk4 in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-31-2014, 04:44 AM
  2. Can't download purchased apps
    By Elisa916 in forum iPad Hardware and Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2014, 10:10 PM
  3. How to retrieve purchased apps ?
    By Nashh in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 12:53 PM
  4. Selling Mac, What happens to apps purchased in Apps Store?
    By hookbill in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 06:43 PM
  5. Apps purchased on computer not synching
    By joeg679 in forum iOS and Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 01:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •