Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    DVaris223's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 14, 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    189
    Specs:
    MacBook Pro, iPhone
    Airport Express..buy now or wait
    Okay, I cannot stand my wireless router..it's awful. It drops the connection when my cordless rings, etc (No matter what channel it's on). I see the Airport Express is only $99 now. Is this because they're probably updating them soon? If they are..would it be worth waiting?

  2. #2

    Daddy Elmis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 28, 2006
    Posts
    390
    Unless you are going to try to use 802.11n (the new standard) and your computer's card is 802.11n compliant, then I see no reason to wait.

    I've got an Extreme and an Express (to both extend the range of the Extreme in my 2-story house and to let me to the wireless iTunes thang) and it's great.

  3. #3

    AndieCZ's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 26, 2007
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    10
    Specs:
    iMac and MacBook Pro
    It is not worth of waiting for the new Airport Express as there are no rumors about the new version. I fully agree, that if your computer is not "n" network compliant, you have no chance to get any other benefit from waiting.

  4. #4

    i-VTEC's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 07, 2005
    Location
    gta|brampton
    Posts
    175
    Specs:
    24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
    If your current Router is stressing you out...I wouldn't wait, the Extreme is very easy and highly recommended!

  5. #5

    Reel1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 29, 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    606
    Specs:
    2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
    Where you getting your base station? Apples web page is still listing it for $179.00, or that is the price for the "N"

  6. #6
    jamesx
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel1 View Post
    Where you getting your base station? Apples web page is still listing it for $179.00, or that is the price for the "N"
    that price is for the airport extreme. he is asking about airport express.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Buy now or wait???
    By MDSilverado in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 07:47 PM
  2. Should I buy or should I wait?
    By Ashton in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 01:43 AM
  3. Airport Express or Airport Extreme...which to buy?
    By kennyleejx in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 03:00 PM
  4. Should I wait or should I buy now?
    By rednote in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 02:30 AM
  5. Buy Now Or Wait?
    By Emerson in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •