Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    DVaris223's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 14, 2006
    New York, New York
    MacBook Pro, iPhone
    Airport now or wait
    Okay, I cannot stand my wireless's awful. It drops the connection when my cordless rings, etc (No matter what channel it's on). I see the Airport Express is only $99 now. Is this because they're probably updating them soon? If they are..would it be worth waiting?

  2. #2

    Daddy Elmis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 28, 2006
    Unless you are going to try to use 802.11n (the new standard) and your computer's card is 802.11n compliant, then I see no reason to wait.

    I've got an Extreme and an Express (to both extend the range of the Extreme in my 2-story house and to let me to the wireless iTunes thang) and it's great.

  3. #3

    AndieCZ's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 26, 2007
    Prague, Czech Republic
    iMac and MacBook Pro
    It is not worth of waiting for the new Airport Express as there are no rumors about the new version. I fully agree, that if your computer is not "n" network compliant, you have no chance to get any other benefit from waiting.

  4. #4

    i-VTEC's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 07, 2005
    24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
    If your current Router is stressing you out...I wouldn't wait, the Extreme is very easy and highly recommended!

  5. #5

    Reel1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 29, 2006
    Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
    Where you getting your base station? Apples web page is still listing it for $179.00, or that is the price for the "N"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel1 View Post
    Where you getting your base station? Apples web page is still listing it for $179.00, or that is the price for the "N"
    that price is for the airport extreme. he is asking about airport express.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Buy now or wait???
    By MDSilverado in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 07:47 PM
  2. Should I buy or should I wait?
    By Ashton in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 01:43 AM
  3. Airport Express or Airport Extreme...which to buy?
    By kennyleejx in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 03:00 PM
  4. Should I wait or should I buy now?
    By rednote in forum Switcher Hangout
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 02:30 AM
  5. Buy Now Or Wait?
    By Emerson in forum Apple Desktops
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2007, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts