Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    AirPort Extreme, and D-Link Wireless Router?
    Oz3's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 04, 2003
    Posts
    12
    Specs:
    Black MacBook - 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo - 2GB RAM - 80 GB HD
    Question AirPort Extreme, and D-Link Wireless Router?
    Aite, I got an iBook...and I wanna know if I get an AirPort Extreme card, will it be able to work with my 802.11g D-Link Router? Thanks

  2. #2
    AirPort Extreme, and D-Link Wireless Router?

    Member Since
    Jul 22, 2003
    Location
    Hamilton College
    Posts
    6,999
    Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    yep it will work fine
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

  3. #3
    AirPort Extreme, and D-Link Wireless Router?
    Padawan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 21, 2003
    Location
    Coruscant, Galactic Republic
    Posts
    1,185
    Specs:
    14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz3
    Aite, I got an iBook...and I wanna know if I get an AirPort Extreme card, will it be able to work with my 802.11g D-Link Router? Thanks
    I had a similar concern when I first bought my iBook and wanted to connect it to my Linksys wireless network. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it was easier to setup my Mac on the network than it was with my PC laptop that was actually using a Linksys card.
    ~ Support the LANCE ARMSTRONG FOUNDATION -- LAF.org ~

    Do you drive a Civic, Del Sol, or Integra & want more power & tighter steering feel? Click here for my inexpensive DIY Power-Steering Removal Kits.

  4. #4
    adam80
    Guest
    Thats exactly what im doing, I use my 12" powerbook with airport extreme with my dlink dl-524 802.11g wireless router and it works great.

  5. #5
    Perniks
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by adam80
    Thats exactly what im doing, I use my 12" powerbook with airport extreme with my dlink dl-524 802.11g wireless router and it works great.

    I'm doing the same thing, and my new G5 is responding tot he signals- but the thing is, it isn't getting great signals and it also isn't being recognized by the PC's as part of the network. Isn't there a way that i can add the G5 to the PC network?

  6. #6
    PowerbookG417
    Guest
    you need to make sure that the domain you are using on the pc is called WORKGROUP i believe or whatever the standard domain settings is for 2000 server..ill update later when im at home, by default XP will make the domain MSHOME forsome reason the mac wont show up with that domain i found this out when setting up my 2000 server at home i was able to see the powerbook in the server but not on xp machines..check'd settings and changed my domain and now my powerbook will show up under the network neighbourhood icon on the desktop

  7. #7
    AirPort Extreme, and D-Link Wireless Router?
    GLJones's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 11, 2004
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    125
    Specs:
    1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerbookG417
    you need to make sure that the domain you are using on the pc is called WORKGROUP i believe or whatever the standard domain settings is for 2000 server..ill update later when im at home, by default XP will make the domain MSHOME forsome reason the mac wont show up with that domain i found this out when setting up my 2000 server at home i was able to see the powerbook in the server but not on xp machines..check'd settings and changed my domain and now my powerbook will show up under the network neighbourhood icon on the desktop
    You can change the workgroup your mac is a member of by going to Applications > Utilities > Directory Access

    Click the lock and unlock the settings, then select SMB and click CONFIGURE. The workgroup name can be changed there to match the name of your home network.

    Jerry

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Connecting a wireless router to an Airport extreme.
    By hojkoff_101 in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 07:46 PM
  2. Airport Extreme vs 3rd party Wireless g router
    By fiveightandten in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:00 PM
  3. Linksys wireless router w/ Airport Extreme question
    By sekou in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 10:13 AM
  4. Airport Wireless and D-Link 624 Router
    By andyh1969 in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •