Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Anyone else having trouble with wireless
    PapaNoHair's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,180
    Anyone else having trouble with wireless
    I just switched over to AT&T wireless for my iMac (10.5.6) and I notice it continually disconnects on me. I cannot recall losing my signal on cable one time in years. It doesn't last for more then a couple of minutes but it is really irritating. Anyone else have this problem that knows of a "fix." (Other then going back to cable?)

  2. #2
    Anyone else having trouble with wireless
    Collin Bl's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 07, 2009
    Location
    Napier NZ
    Posts
    3,291
    Specs:
    27 iMac i5, MBP 13 & iMac 20, 2TB dual TC, AppleTV, iPh4S
    How about putting the ISPs numbers, Primary and Secondary, in Sys Pref/Network and track to the DNS box for Airport settings. Not 100% sure it will help but they should be entered anyway as it makes surfing more reliable.

  3. #3
    Anyone else having trouble with wireless

    Member Since
    May 18, 2007
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    I just switched over to AT&T wireless for my iMac (10.5.6) and I notice it continually disconnects on me. I cannot recall losing my signal on cable one time in years. It doesn't last for more then a couple of minutes but it is really irritating. Anyone else have this problem that knows of a "fix." (Other then going back to cable?)
    Do you have a separate wireless router you are feeding the Att internet to or do you use the Att wireless router?

  4. #4
    Anyone else having trouble with wireless
    PapaNoHair's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by yemilipede View Post
    Do you have a separate wireless router you are feeding the Att internet to or do you use the Att wireless router?
    I am using the ATT wireless router.

  5. #5
    Anyone else having trouble with wireless
    PapaNoHair's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 18, 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin Bl View Post
    How about putting the ISPs numbers, Primary and Secondary, in Sys Pref/Network and track to the DNS box for Airport settings. Not 100% sure it will help but they should be entered anyway as it makes surfing more reliable.
    Thanks for the hint - will try that and see if it works.

  6. #6
    Anyone else having trouble with wireless
    dtravis7's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 04, 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    28,480
    Specs:
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    I am using the ATT wireless router.
    Is your AT&T Wireless router White with a lot of lights in the front and 4 RJ-45 ports in the rear? I have a friend with with that router (if that is the model you have) and they have had a lot of WiFi Disconnects with it using all PC's. It was really bad one night and I had my iBook there which never has issues with any router I have used it with and the same thing was going on. For some reason they had it on Channel 1. I moved it to Channel 5 or 6 and they say it's been dead stable since. Not sure why but maybe someone was on their channel. I went over today with my iPhone and it never went down and I was using it for hours.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. printer wireless trouble
    By janielou49 in forum OS X - Operating System
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2012, 10:05 PM
  2. Trouble with wireless adapter
    By quoththeraven in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 08:35 AM
  3. Trouble with wireless
    By CJClue313 in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 08:57 PM
  4. Wireless Trouble
    By bignbadbabs in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2009, 10:55 PM
  5. wireless internet trouble :(
    By gilly2006 in forum Internet, Networking, and Wireless
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 09:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •