New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Full path is not showing up correctly in address bar

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mac_min

mac_min is on a distinguished road

I uploaded my iWeb 08 created website to Godaddy.com, but the full path to my pages and subpages (directories and subdirectories) are not showing up correctly in the address bar. For example, when I type www.123.com and then click on a link, the address bar shows only my domain plus the page name (not the full path). Let say I have a link in my home page (www.123.com) named “Grandfather”, and this page has a link named “Father” and the “Father” page has a link named “Son”. If I click all the way down to the page named “Son” I should be able to see the full path (Absolute path) in the address bar, correct?

I should be able to see this in the address bar:
Example:
www.123.com/Granfather/Father/Son.html

But this is what I see instead:
www.123.com/Son.html

The same goes for every single linked page in my entire site. Did I do something fundamentally wrong when I was creating my site? How can I make the full path show up in the address bar of my website? I’ve also noticed that this happens in my published folder in my Mac, so I don’t think is an issue with my host service provider.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Showcase your iWeb site | covert a Mac bmap font to ttf pc »