New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Integrating flash banner in iWeb..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kjgizmo

kjgizmo is on a distinguished road

Hey there.

I have finally finished up my homepage, and have tried to make a flash banner for it .

To that I have following problems. When I'm working in iWeb ,how can I then add a flash movie to my welcome page ?? I have added a picture at the moment, but want's to replace it which a flash banner..

Have published the flash to a html and swf file.

Can anyone help me here.. ??
QUOTE Thanks
liam12345

liam12345 is on a distinguished road

Hey all. I made a video showing you how to embed swf files in iweb.Here is the link

HERES HOW TO PUT AN SWF FILE ONTO AN IWEB WEBSITE LIKE THIS ONE

if you found this helpful then tell other people about the video
hope this helps!

Liam
QUOTE Thanks
JeffreyLloyd

JeffreyLloyd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: I'm thinking different... iMac, Macbook, iPod Touch, 10.5 - Leopard

Thanks Liam, that was really helpful.
QUOTE Thanks
snrubsy

snrubsy is on a distinguished road

does this work with an FTP website, cos i don't have mobile me, and therefore no iDisk, and I don't want to fork out the cash for it!!!! So is there a way of editing the code for non-iDisk users????? does the HTML widget work without Mobile Me?
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You could always just export your page to a folder and edit by hand from there.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
clivet

clivet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz Macbook Pro; 20" 2.0 GHz iMac.

How exactly do you export back to iWeb from the folder?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
hogrider402

hogrider402 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgizmo View Post
Hey there.

I have finally finished up my homepage, and have tried to make a flash banner for it .

To that I have following problems. When I'm working in iWeb ,how can I then add a flash movie to my welcome page ?? I have added a picture at the moment, but want's to replace it which a flash banner..

Have published the flash to a html and swf file.

Can anyone help me here.. ??

Easy way to add Flash to iWeb
Flash SWF and FLV Files in iWeb
Create a folder in your "iDisk/Web/Sites folder".
Name it "flash".
Copy mediaplayer.swf file into the newly created iDisk folder flash. this is a media player which will provide a player menus for movie
Copy YourFlash.swf file into the newly created iDisk folder flash.
Go to the page where you want the file to play.
Copy the code below.

<embed src="http://web.mac.com/Your_iDisk/flash/mediaplayer.swf"
width="320"
height="240"
allowscriptaccess="always"
allowfullscreen="true"
flashvars="width=320&height=240&autostart=true&rep eat=true&file=http://web.mac.com/Your_iDisk/flash/YourFlash.swf" />

Select HTML Snippet from the Insert menu.
Paste the code in the HMTL Snippet
Alter your idisk name... and name of the SWF file in the code.

http://web.mac.com/Your_iDisk/flash/mediaplayer.swf is a mediaplayer which will provide a palyer menu such as play and stop buttons.
320 is a Width of your flash file
240 is a Height of your flash file
http://web.mac.com/Your_iDisk/flash/YourFlash.swf is a Your iDisk, name of your new folder (flash), and name of your flash SWF or FLV file.
autostart=true is a autostart option, you can disable them by setting to autostart=false
repeat=true is repeat option allows you to repeat movie, you can disable them by setting to autostart=false

Click “Apply” and save your page.
Publish it and enjoy.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Not meaning to hijack the thread too much, but as we've progressed to talking about putting HTML 5 code in one's iWeb website, if anyone here knows of a HTML5 based AUDIO player that's available for embedding, I'd love to know about it. Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Not meaning to hijack the thread too much, but as we've progressed to talking about putting HTML 5 code in one's iWeb website, if anyone here knows of a HTML5 based AUDIO player that's available for embedding, I'd love to know about it. Thanks.
Shouldn't need one. Just set the controls attribute for the audio tag. See here.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddymckay View Post
Using the HTML5 audio tag is not viable at the moment as this is not supported by Internet Explorer at all and Firefox requires an OGG audio file.
You can define multiple sources for the audio tag. See here. As per that article, if you have an mp3 and ogg named "hello", you could include the following (changing the path of course):
Code:
<audio controls preload>
    <source src="hello.ogg" />
    <source src="hello.mp3" />
</audio>
Once IE9 is released, all browsers will have support for HTML5 audio and thus, you should have no problem. While you may not be able to reach IE now, you will soon. From what I've read, IE9 will support MP3 and AAC.

Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Please Review My Second Site Ever! | mac or pc for web design »