New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Very simple web question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

currently on my web site, I do not have any file named index.html and therefore, it is just a directory.

I would like to know how to make the directory available, even when I have an index.html file on my server?

I feel so stupid asking this, as I'm sure its a very simple question! :rolleyes:
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

How would you show the directory? what url would you go to? The only way apache will show the directory is if any of the default index files are missing. The only other way to show the directory is by creating a php/asp/ whatever language file that shows that information.
QUOTE Thanks
ApplejustWorks

ApplejustWorks is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD

I figured out the answer...It was quite simple...I just had to make a new folder within my server, in which did not have any HTML or HTM Files
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Yep like I said if you don't have an index.htm, index.html, default.htm index.php whichever ones your server looks at then it will show the directory structure, but if there is a directory that does have one of those files in it then it'll show that file instead of the directory structure.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need a new webhost, one with PHP, SQL, and IMAP mail..unix preferably | Flash MX Tutorials »