New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

I would like your feedback

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MrMac

MrMac is on a distinguished road

If anyone doesn't have much to do, could you please write some feedback about www.macandtalk.com. This is my first website, I just want to make sure I am on the right track.

Thank you!

www.macandtalk.com
QUOTE Thanks
Montie Da Champ

Montie Da Champ is an unknown at this point

Your site could use some graphical work and better coding. If you would like some help, I run a web design company and we could do you up a nice site for cheap...

www.thestudio67.com

That's my web design portfolio/business^^ check me out!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

I too agree a lot more color to attract the eye and improved graphics. As an example have a look at this attached link to Australian Macworld. Their use of graphics and color is extremely eye catching and that is what you need is this competitive market.

http://www.macworld.com.au/
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Not too bad for a first attempt. I would caution about the "Gallery" section, though. If you don't own the images or have permission to distribute them from the rightful owner you could possibly run into some very serious trouble.
Just because an image is somewhere else on the internet, doesn't give you right to use it or distribute it. It doesn't even matter if the original source is giving it away for free. You must first obtain permission to use and distribute them if you plan on keeping them on your site.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
mikepugs

mikepugs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard

Not bad for a first. The overall layout is very bland but for a blog it's typical. Could use more color and a more exciting text on the buttons definitely! the content looks well done, but the website needs to catch up.

My advice: keep it simple. 3-4 color palette and solid colors and designs. Keep it up.

I'm looking into designing my own blog/media site from complete scratch like this but I don't know where I'm going to find the time... it's one of those projects you want to do but never seem to get to, like this stack of christmas books I have yet to touch, but know I will read and enjoy.

l 8GB iPhone 3G l 15" Macbook Pro l Powerbook G4 15" l 8GB iPod Touch l 4GB iPod Mini l
QUOTE Thanks
optikinescant

optikinescant is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montie Da Champ View Post
Your site could use some graphical work and better coding. If you would like some help, I run a web design company and we could do you up a nice site for cheap...

Wow, for cheap, lolz. You sound a bit like a street peddler. You should try to have some pride in our industry, not devalue it by offering it as a cheap trick service.

++optikinescant // macboook c2d 2.0ghz
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for SEO software for OSX | Budget HTML Editor »