New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Test of a simple CSS menu in IE5/Mac and Safari

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

s_ivan10

Hi guys!

I wrote a simple CSS menu and need to test it with IE5/Mac and Safari but unfortunately I don't have a Mac here . I would appreciate it if someone could take a look and tell me whether it looks OK. I have included a screenshot on the page showing how it should look if there are no problems.

Here's the url - http://members.lycos.co.uk/compat1/sample2.html

I suppose Safari will cope without any problems but am a bit worried about IE5. :confused:

Thank you in advance!

PS: I am sorry about the advertisements on the page- they are from the Lycos hosting.
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_ivan10
Hi guys!

I wrote a simple CSS menu and need to test it with IE5/Mac and Safari but unfortunately I don't have a Mac here . I would appreciate it if someone could take a look and tell me whether it looks OK. I have included a screenshot on the page showing how it should look if there are no problems.

Here's the url - http://members.lycos.co.uk/compat1/sample2.html

I suppose Safari will cope without any problems but am a bit worried about IE5. :confused:

Thank you in advance!

PS: I am sorry about the advertisements on the page- they are from the Lycos hosting.
I think your in luck. It works great in IE 5.2 and safari. In IE, it is probably about 25 pixels taller than your screen shot. Not sure if that matters for you or not.
QUOTE Thanks
s_ivan10

ChicoWeb, thank you so much! I ate my balls trying to make it compatible with IE5+/Win and it's a great relief to know it's OK in IE/Mac (I was almost sure about Safari without testing it ).

I suppose the height difference is coming from the font support in IE but definitely I don't care.

Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks
ChicoWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_ivan10
ChicoWeb, thank you so much! I ate my balls trying to make it compatible with IE5+/Win and it's a great relief to know it's OK in IE/Mac (I was almost sure about Safari without testing it ).

I suppose the height difference is coming from the font support in IE but definitely I don't care.

Thanks again!
Maybe, I'm not sure. The height was the same in safari.
QUOTE Thanks
gort

gort is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema

my cpu jumps up to 100% when viewing it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HTML email list manager | Have I neglected to setup some color option? (web/photoshop) »