New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Mac Compatible Web Hosting?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JustinDavid86@g

JustinDavid86@g is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook - the white one :)...IPod Video 30 gig.

I'm a newbie when it comes to domains/hosting. I know the basics.

I recently wrote my first book and I'm going to be marketing myself, and my website will hopefully be the main place to check it out. Anywho, I have registered a domain with godaddy (yeah I've gotten chewed out by a few ppl for doing that), but I'm yet to host with anyone. I used to use omnis.com and fatcow.com when I had a PC (yuck) but now I'm curious about what the best hosting service is for mac users.

I've researched but can't find a thing. Please help .

Thanks in advance,

Justin
QUOTE Thanks
JustinDavid86@g

Really? No one?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I don't think there is a difference between Macs and Windows when using a hosting service. Both platforms have WYSIWYG editors, coding programs, and FTP programs. Unless I'm missing something, you can essentially choose any hosting service.

I personally use Dreamhost and it works great. Not sure whether it's well-suited for commercial sites. Perhaps somebody else can shed some light on this.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

NOTE: Moved to correct forum

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
joe.morgan

joe.morgan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD

i am a huge fan of dreamhost too and as a mac-frum user you get discount too!
QUOTE Thanks
eric06

eric06 has a spectacular aura about

Like Kash said, there is no difference in web hosting for Mac or Windows.

Anyone will work. It just depends on what your web site needs and how much you want to pay for it.

MacBook Pro | 2.33 GHz 3 GB Ram 200 GB HD | Best Choice Ever For A Laptop | 8 GB iPod Touch
QUOTE Thanks
JustinDavid86@g

Thank you guys, big help!
QUOTE Thanks
coolproductrevi

coolproductrevi is on a distinguished road

All top companies of usa have millions of clients , you can choose plan from anyone all are competitive .
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinDavid86@g View Post
registered a domain with godaddy (yeah I've gotten chewed out by a few ppl for doing that)
Why? I haven't heard anything bad about them.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
skate___board

skate___board is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
Why? I haven't heard anything bad about them.
incredibly not user-friendly

Skate or die
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate___board View Post
incredibly not user-friendly
I recently moved my domain registration to them. I found a few things a little confusing, but nothing major. It isn't like I have a reason to log into it every day though.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

I use Godaddy for mydomain, and Downtownhost.com for my hosting. I find them much more reliable than Dreamhost was when I was with Dreamhost.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari 2 and 3 shows vertical scrollbar when it should not | fetch--> underground-supply.com »