New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Putting a poll on my iWeb site

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

swen4you

swen4you is on a distinguished road

I know this might be a simple question, but I'm new to iWeb. I'm creating a blog and I want to put a poll on the site. (For example, "Who do you plan to vote for president?"). I've searched the help site but I can't find anything concerning creating polls. Can anyone help?
QUOTE Thanks
supergper

supergper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro, 2.2Ghz, 4GB Memory, 120GB HDD, LCD Display, OS X Tiger

You're probably going at it the wrong way, you don't necessarily "Create a Poll". What you need to do is create a form that uses radio buttons (so only one option is able to be selected). Then you can have to submitted to whatever form you want. You will also need to put an if statement saying if [IP Address] has voted, Display [Results], else Display [Form]. Hope this helps to get you going in the right direction. You will need to do this in PHP/HTML and insert an HTML snippet.
QUOTE Thanks
iwebbasics.com

iwebbasics.com is on a distinguished road

Polls are easy to add using a free tool called JS-Kit and the HTML Snippet tool in iWeb.

See the instructions here:

www.iwebbasics.com/Add Polls Using JS-Kit

Hope that helps,

Eric
QUOTE Thanks
ViewFinderKS

ViewFinderKS is on a distinguished road

I have tried following your tips for inserting a poll on my iWeb site and nothing shows up. I even installed itweak. That didn't work either. Any other ideas? This seems to be the only solution I have found.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iWeb '09 and Dotster | Problem with adress »