New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

iWeb, hyperlink help, moving hyperlinks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

If I make an image in iweb a hyperlink once its made a hyperlink I cannot move the image or edit it anymore.

Is there a way to be able to edit images or text after they are made a hyperlink.

Like I have an image I made in fireworks, imported it to iweb and then clicked it and opened inspector and made it a hyperlink now I can't drag the image to a different spot on the page.

QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

milessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the roughmilessthomas is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3

I copied the page and redid those 2 hyperlinks. Let me know if anyone knows how to fix them without starting them from scratch, for the next time around.

QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

Figured it out, note to those that run into this issue:

By default iWeb tries to make your linked images active in iweb, uncheck this in inspector.

QUOTE Thanks
milessthomas

NEW QUESTION

Anyone here using dreamhost?

I keep trying to upload my iweb published folder to dreamhost via the ftp client cyberduck I get around 200kb of 1.5mb and it stops, and then says "timed out" always on a different file.

Is there and upload limit or will iweb not upload correctly to dreamhost?

QUOTE Thanks
Christopher

Christopher is an unknown at this point

Hey Miles. I use Transmit to upload to my Dreamhost website, and i've never timed out or had an issue. Could that work for you? Good luck.

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by how its animals are treated.

-Mahatma Ghandi
QUOTE Thanks
clivet

clivet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz Macbook Pro; 20" 2.0 GHz iMac.

Can someone please help me on the same subject?

Which file on dreamhost do I put my iweb files into?
Do I have to drag every single file into it rather than folders?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iWeb + Last Blog Entry not found | com.apple.quarantine »