New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Need Help Sharing Files On My Server!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mshale

mshale is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5

I have asked the support guys at dream host, and they pointed me here. I tried this, but I get confused. When I use cyberduck and log into an ssh session, I default to a /home/.suzan/my_username/ and it lists the folders there (such as my folder that my site is in, and the folder I want to share). I open a terminal and start an ssh to my server and follow the directions on the page support gave me. The group name is hollimat and I replace /home/user/directory with what I default to so that she can get into that folder. This doesn't seem to work... i use putty in windows to try and access that folder it seems to let me cd into the folder, put I type "ls" to get the list of stuff in there, and it tells me that permission is denied. I have checked the dreamhost panel, we are both part of the hollimat group. What do I need to do so that we can share files via this server of mine??

Thanks in advance!

One does what one can... but together we can do more.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« dreamhost/ftp question | I need a reliable webhost. »