New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

html tag for specifying an exact new window size

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

wrightm

wrightm is an unknown at this point

Hello, I'd would like to create a link that opens a new web page. Easy enough; but I would like this new web page to be a specific set small size.
What would be the html code for setting a window size for a new window?
thanks
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyd

jonnyd has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

I'd guess you need javascript, but think it through first, websites that resize windows are about the most irritating things on the planet.
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

I second Jonnyd. If I go to a website that resizes my browser window, I usually never go back.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
wrightm

well, the smaller new window is not a main part of my website. I have some music that I would like to post on a temp basis. After traveling the world for two years, I would like to share some of the music I found.
I have looked into some music players to host on my site; but found them too complicated for myself....even the ones which say they are really easy. I am sure that I could figure it out with a days worth of playing around; but I dont have time for that and this will only be up for a few weeks anyways.
I found I can easily put up one song per page using dreamweaver; so I figured I'd have a page with the description of the music; and then if they wan to listen they click the link and a small side window pops up with the music player. If they don't like it, they close it and click on the next link and get the next music window. seemed like an easy temp solution.
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightm View Post
well, the smaller new window is not a main part of my website. I have some music that I would like to post on a temp basis. After traveling the world for two years, I would like to share some of the music I found.
I have looked into some music players to host on my site; but found them too complicated for myself....even the ones which say they are really easy. I am sure that I could figure it out with a days worth of playing around; but I dont have time for that and this will only be up for a few weeks anyways.
I found I can easily put up one song per page using dreamweaver; so I figured I'd have a page with the description of the music; and then if they wan to listen they click the link and a small side window pops up with the music player. If they don't like it, they close it and click on the next link and get the next music window. seemed like an easy temp solution.
The problem is that it changes the default window size for any new window opened after that. If I have my browser set just how I like it, your new size will mess that up - I need to resize my browser again.

It's not a biggie, but it's not 'polite'.

Do you have your own domain? There are a few alternatives like streaming or shoutcast broadcaster. You can put that kind of thing on Myspace pages too.
QUOTE Thanks
wrightm

I do have my own domain name......
does this make things easier in terms of putting up a player or playlist. I'm sure it really is quite easy. I know my html, but I'm not versed at all in flash stuff. I found some free players to insert; but don't understand much of the different swf/xml sort of pages and playlist formats and such.

Thanks for the info on the window resize thing. I did not know it switched the size to all new pages loaded. That really would suck...I guess that idea is out the window. Guess it's c'est la'vei on the music stuff on the site.
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightm View Post
I do have my own domain name......
does this make things easier in terms of putting up a player or playlist. I'm sure it really is quite easy. I know my html, but I'm not versed at all in flash stuff. I found some free players to insert; but don't understand much of the different swf/xml sort of pages and playlist formats and such.

Thanks for the info on the window resize thing. I did not know it switched the size to all new pages loaded. That really would suck...I guess that idea is out the window. Guess it's c'est la'vei on the music stuff on the site.
If you want to hang on till tomorrow afternoon, I'm happy to give you a hand.

Friend of mine has a jukebox on her site - it has a few MP3s loaded on the server, and you choose what to listen to. It doesn't 'interfere' with the actual website at all, it just plays in the background. I'll see what it is and how to install it.
QUOTE Thanks
wrightm

that would be awesome man.....let me know if you can help....greatly appreciated.
cheers,
M
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Parallels VM Browser Testing | Simple iWEB question »