New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Can someone please test my Flash animation?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

loversplease

loversplease is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Can someone please test my Flash animation? I'm actually a Windows user and have tested it on Windows XP, Vista and 2000 with IE and Firefox (both with Flash player) of all different versions and haven't had any problems.

The animation is at http://tjfweb.com/test/portfolio.html

My friend who runs Mac OS X says that she gets the following problem after she closes an artwork which she has brought up (by clicking one of the thumbnails):

As you can see, the scrolling thumbnail movieclip disappears from the animation completely. Unfortunately I can't replicate this myself!

I would greatly appreciate it if some Mac users here could test this out and tell me if they have the same problem. Additionally, if anyone knows why this happens, please tell me!

Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

It works fine for me in both Safari 3.0.3 (Beta) and Firefox 2.0.0.7 browsers.

Your friend probably needs to make sure he has the latest updates for Flash Player in his browser.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Have experimented with multiple browsers.

Of the ones I tried:

Opera 9.21 & 9.24, Safari 2.0.4, and Sunrise 1.4.6 all work as they should.

Only Firefox 2.0.0.7 and other Mozilla based browsers, Camino 1.5.2 and BonEcho, have this issue. The scrolling animation appears in each of them fine. After you make one of the selections and then go back to the main screen the scrolling on the bottom no longer shows up. I did have it work on a couple of occasions after the first time to go back to the main screen, but never beyond the 2nd.

Can't help as to why, but would think it is narrowed down to a problem with only Mozilla.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
kodiak1007

kodiak1007 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 24" 2.8 ghz

Works fine for me in safari. Nice job.
QUOTE Thanks
powermacj7

powermacj7 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Duo White

Safari Beta, works good !!!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

error 404

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Safari (beta), Firefox and Opera: 404 -error message
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« best file format for music file on webpage | help acheiving search engine acknowledgement »