New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Publishing from iWeb.. I need an FTP Client

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bryans83

bryans83 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo (Aluminum & Glass) 260 GB HD

Part of iLife 08 is iWeb, now I know for a fact that this was designed to be used with .Mac services, but for my own personal purposes I really dont need 10 GB of Storage, I use myphotoalbum.com to host photos that provide me with links and a flash slideshow on my site.

So, because of this my ISP provides 10 mb of space which presently is sufficient. I've been told that iWeb doesn't include any FTP Clients, but does anyone have any suggestions?

I might just give up and use .Mac but I'm also curious what type of URL a person's website would be listed as.

I Only Let my iMac do the fun, important stuff like Videos, Pictures & Music. My Laptop does the boring stupid stuff like pie-charts, word documents, and spreadsheets. I Love my iMac!
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

A great free FTP client is CyberDuck... it's what I use.
QUOTE Thanks
litebulb1

litebulb1 is on a distinguished road

Fetch has worked perfectly for me but you have to have a license. There is an ftp client built right into macs. In finder if you click on Go -> connect to server you can then type in your ftp servers address and it will then prompt you for your user name and password.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iWeb & email | New iWeb and Statcounter.com »