New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Websites - its that time again!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

michaelmjc

michaelmjc will become famous soon enough

Alright folks, long time no talk.

Hope everything around here has been good.

I'm currently looking for some web design work, if anyone is interested in an awesome flash site... let me know and I'll hook you up for a great price.

You can take a look a my portfolio here, www.mikeclarke-photo.com

Contact me through my contact form on my site and let me know you saw this ad on Mac-forums and I'll give you an extra 10% off.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!
Mike
QUOTE Thanks
Lewwy

Lewwy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM

Woah, your sites look awesome, shame there are no links to the actual sites, so I can judge the transitions etc. But from the images, they look great !

I am a web designer in training, so it wouldnt make sense for me to request your services, but I would like to know if you always use flash for clients websites, if so, why?

Oh, and where did you learn a
QUOTE Thanks
michaelmjc

Most of them are live, the others I have to put up. Thanks for the nice comments, much appreciated.

I dont always use flash, (my site is HTML) but for the most part, I do use it. I use it a lot because no matter what browser or platform, it will look the same. Plus I'm not as good at HTML, css, etc as I am at flash.

I learned everything I know purely from teaching myself.
QUOTE Thanks
Eric559

Eric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of lightEric559 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.

I've always heard a full flash website isn't good because search engines can't crawl the data.
QUOTE Thanks
michaelmjc

That's true, but if you incorporate flash instead of a full flash site it will work much better. BUT, if you still want a full flash site, when you embed the flash file into an HTML page, you can add meta tags to help search engines out.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Webpage inside a Page. | Creating HTML newsletters »