kind of an unfair pricing with .mac?
    Hm.. I might be missing something and I am not even sure, if this is the right location for that thread, but in the last days I was reading a bit more about .mac. I find it very interesting and I really like the concept. Got my trial version a few days ago and since then I am playing around with it.

Now, I was just thinking, I should really get this and checked the price which is 99$ US for a annual single membership. I am living in Canada so I went to apple.ca and checked the price there: 139$ CAD. Felt like a lot, so I put the US price into a currency converter which worked out to a bit less than 105$ CAD.

I can see, that it's hard to update prices to the current rates (although, some automated service should be possible), but almost 35$ difference is a lot. Right now I don't think I am going to get it. 139$ is not a whole lot of money, but I think it's a rip off compared to the american funds.

Any suggestions?

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    If there is a feedback method to Apple, let them know why you are not buying in. That price seems like it belongs back in 2003.

Specs:
    MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
    Hey,

Its the same with UK. It costs $136 (£69) If you buy it in the UK but only costs $99 in the US

~~ TS ~~
    JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
    “Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”

MacHeadCase
    There's another thread exactly on the same subject in the Anything Goes forum. It's like Apple isn't respecting the exchange rate: they had the same pricing 4 or 5 years ago when the exchange rate was wayyyyyyy higher.

Like xstep says, find a feedback email link and let them know what you think. There is (or was) one on the .Mac webpage.

Yah, I was trying to find a feedbacklink for about 10min. After going in circles on their website for a few times I decided to post it here...

Anyway, thx for your feedback guys.

Specs:
    Macbook white 13' Core 2 duo 2.0 Ghz, 1.5 G Ram, 160 GB Hard Drive
    Hi there,

I currently live in Canada and I don't agree with the exchange rate either. I actually just finished completing my .mac account and would love to renew it. However, $139 Cdn versus $99 US isn't right and unfair for the same service.

Anyways here is where you can leave feedback / complaint about the unfair .mac pricing between Cdn and US dollars.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/mac/tm.html

Maybe if enough of us (Canadians) complain, they may consider changing their prices. If they charge $1.00 US and $1.00 Cdn for itune songs, i'm sure something can be worked out.

Thread Information