New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Different sized images with Safari vs Firefox?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eon.

eon. is on a distinguished road

I have some images on my mysapce page (this isn't a lame attempt to get people to view my myspace, I SWEAR) that are two completely different resolutions. And no, it's not the coding I used and that they are 'appearing' to be two different resolutions, they ARE different; I saved both images, Firefox is 90x90, Safari is 125x125. The first set of images I used when making the site was the 125x125 version but I then changed it to 90x90.

Is there a way to maybe clear my temp Internet file history with Safari or something? I have no idea why Safari is viewing an older version of the images
QUOTE Thanks
eon.

visuals:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x..._/Picture2.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x..._/Picture1.jpg
QUOTE Thanks
Fairly

Fairly has a little shameless behaviour in the past

They're using different sized default fonts? And one is resizing the images to fit the page? Why don't you check your settings.
QUOTE Thanks
eon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairly View Post
They're using different sized default fonts? And one is resizing the images to fit the page? Why don't you check your settings.
Both Safari and Firefox are using the standard Times 16pt as the default, I never changed those settings and I double checked to make sure.

edit: thanks for the suggestion though, didn't think of checking that beforehand
QUOTE Thanks
eon.

I changed the default font size in Safari to Times 12pt and checked my page; now it looks just like Firefox! I changed the font back to 16pt, refreshed the page and it still looks the same (like Firefox). Weirdest thing, no idea what fixed it (I rebooted, does that count? )
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iWeb '08 = more reasons to register with .Mac?... | .Mac users: Do you have 10GB already? »