15" 2.4GHz MBP
    Can I use Dreamweaver with my .mac account?
    I'm very very new to website publishing. I'd really like to get into it and my motivation is to make a site in which the family(Spread out all over the world) can keep in touch with, post pictures/videos. Also my first nephew was born this past Monday, and I would like to share it with family back home as well as the rest of the world.

I have a .mac account and I've been using iWeb, but I'd like something better and design my own using Dreamweaver.

My question is, is there anyway for me to design pages/website with dreamweaver and then upload it to my .mac website? I just recently started using dreamweaver and if I udnerstand it correctly, I design the page the way I want it to look and it stores all files I need on my local HDD, and when I'm ready to make it live on the web I would simply upload all the info to a server, correct? Will my .mac account allow me to do that?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Mac Mini Core 2 Duo, PPC G4
    The answer to your question is yes and here's the link to a tutorial I wrote on how to use a program like DreamWeaver with .Mac:

If you have any questions about the tutorial or .Mac websites, please contact me, either through this forum or offline (my email address is on my website).

Claire Rottenberg
    Homepage: Mac Tips and More
    Follow me on Twitter

Thread Information