New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

No load, under OS9 ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lonb

Friendly neighborhood Mac familiars,

Recently my company launched the website, www.SnapFood.com. Our primary market includes a substantial number of multimedia development companies, a subset of which use OS9. Some of our field people have witnessed firsthand that our "website doesn't load at all" on some of these machines.

I don't know anyone with OS9 so I can't test this. If anyone can check this out, and possibly suggest why the problem is occuring, it would be incredibly appreciated.

In fact, if you work in Manhattan, we would be happy to offer you a discount on ordering through the web site (sorry the service is only available right now in NYC).

Thanks in advance!

- Lon
QUOTE Thanks
dtx3000

just tried it out in IE 5.1, under 9.2 and it's refusing to load the "food.jpg" image on the home page.
QUOTE Thanks
dtx3000

matter of fact, it straight-up locks up the system.
loads fine in X though
QUOTE Thanks
lonb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtx3000
matter of fact, it straight-up locks up the system.
loads fine in X though
dtx, thank you for testing. On other board they initially thought it was the image also, but a quick test seems to indicate that it's not. Currently the thinking is that it might be the javascript. here's the thread:
http://www.baseboard.net/forums/show...&postid=156489

What do you think?
QUOTE Thanks
dtx3000

you've got some messy html code there. great site and concept i must say though. too bad i'm not in NYC, i'd give it a go. but - i would attest to the javascript; it's of course going to cause problems in internet explorer. i've never had much luck with js and ie in os 9.
if you need any more testing i'd be glad to help.
-dtx
QUOTE Thanks
lonb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtx3000
you've got some messy html code there. great site and concept i must say though. too bad i'm not in NYC, i'd give it a go. but - i would attest to the javascript; it's of course going to cause problems in internet explorer. i've never had much luck with js and ie in os 9.
if you need any more testing i'd be glad to help.
-dtx
Thanks re: the site/concept comment!

What about the HTML is messy? I'd love to get the whole thing clean, but I'm not sure which specific parts your refering to.
QUOTE Thanks
dtx3000

heh, maybe i'm just used to using dreamweaver!
makes it more readable (to me), don't know about any speed gains though.
best luck in your business.
-dtx
QUOTE Thanks
lonb

IT IS FIXED!!!!!!

I found the problem after going back to basics and stripping out section after section. It only took so long because I could not believe the problem. In fact, I still don't but, please test and you'll see it is resolved.

The problem is that Internet Explorer on the Mac crashes when I have two images next to each other and one of them as the align param in the img tag.

Scary, kids?

Yes, the new version (now in testing at http://home.lonbinder.com:8080/welcome.jsp) simply determines that tag now with some JS and it seems to work. But please feel free to test.

INSANITY!!!!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« hide email from spanners | Mac IE issues - please help »