New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Set up QT movie for download!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Christopher

Christopher is an unknown at this point

Hi! I want to set up a video file at my website for download. The kind of thing that, if I give someone a web address, it starts automatically downloading when they click the link.

I've been able to do this with pdf files. Like, www.mydomain.mydocument.pdf. The document automatically downloads; it's great.

But when I add upload a QuickTime file to my website and type in the URL, the file loads in a QuickTime plugin page. If a user didn't have quicktime pro, I don't think they could save as source. I tried it on the PC upstairs. It loads and plays fine, but there's no way she could save it.

How do I set this up so that the document itself starts downloading, even though it's a movie or song, like another document would?

Thanks so much for any help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iWeb intepreting pictures small... ? | RapidWeaver 3.6 upgrade demands new payment »