New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

Anyone installed symfony framework on the Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macaroony

macaroony is on a distinguished road

Hello all!

I'm trying to install symfony on the Mac, but I'm facing some issues..

The symfony website has some pages about this (the one I followed is: http://trac.symfony-project.com/trac...ryFromEntropy), but I got stuck on creating a symbolic link to the web/sf folder.

If anyone has managed to install symfony, then I'd love to find out how they did it..

Many thanks in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
verro91

verro91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have installed symfony and all that stuff what it needs. Have you seen this page: http://www.symfony-project.com/askeet/1_0 There is some 24 days askeet to learn symfony. How do you use terminal in mac. These commands isn't same what is there. Symfony -V doesn't work with me. Have you done these stuffs?
QUOTE Thanks
macaroony

Hello verro,

I've been working with symfony on Windows (via Parallels), and I haven't tried installing it on the Mac. However, my host is on a UNIX system, and I believe if you wish to use the symfony command, you have to type it as "./symfony"

The same might be true for Mac OS X.

So instead of "symfony -V", try using: "./symfony -V"

Let me know how it goes.. all the best with symfony!
QUOTE Thanks
verro91

verro91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

That ./symfony -V doesn't work. It says: bash command ./symfony. Affects it something so I have finnish language on my mac? Maybe I'd better to turn unix. My friend have ubuntu and sumfony works with he.
QUOTE Thanks
macaroony

I'm sure it's very doable on the Mac (the video tutorials of symfony are done on a Mac machine, and I suspect much of the development has been done on a Mac as well).

You might like to ask on the symfony forum itself. I'm sorry I can't be of more help at the moment. I had a pending project, which is why I resorted to installing symfony on Windows because it would've taken me some time to get to grips with the Terminal (not to mention that I didn't find a text editor I was used to).

All the best!
QUOTE Thanks
upalom00

upalom00 is on a distinguished road

i've installed symfony w/o issues here on my mac ...
QUOTE Thanks
petocities

petocities is on a distinguished road

i followed this tutorial, but it is in spanish.

I'll try to translate it for ya, but please, guide it with the real url (it has images and such)
- first, install MAMP
- go to "/Applications/MAMP/conf/php5/php.ini", look for the "memory_limit" line and change it to 16 mb
- Go to Termial, and upgrade pear using "pear upgrade pear"
- Add the symfony channel with “pear channel-discover pear.symfony-project.com“ (if it doesn't recognize the command, its probably because you don't have the privileges for it. Try it with "sudo ... ")
- install symfony using “pear install symfony/symfony“ (you can add -version#, like .../symfony-1.2.4")
- create an alias to avoid using the complete route: “sudo ln /Applications/MAMP/bin/php5/bin/symfony /usr/bin/symfony“
- execute "symfony -V" in terminal, to see the version. If it shows your version, it installed correctly

then, you have to create your virtual servers, and you're ready to go!

PD: if anyone has a guide on how to make your first project, i'll appreciate the comments!!! (my e-mail is in my prof. i guess, or post them here)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MobileMe Family Pack Limitations? | iWeb and Blogger »