New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

http://jrdb.orcon.net.nz - comments?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

design2

hey guys,
this is a post on behalf of dis guy named jarred.
comments on design, code, navigation, whatever, all welcome!

http://jrdb.orcon.net.nz
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

Well done. Nice colour scheme, and a good, simple layout.

There are only a couple things that don't work for me - one, I don't see the significance of a car on the pages. I like the head (good drawing by the way) and the computer is fine since it has something to do with the topic of your site, but the car just seems out of place. I think you could also make the content box a bit bigger - it's kind of frustrating having to scroll when there's not much text there at all ('about' page).

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

It's a beautiful and efficient site! I agree the car may seem a tad irrelevant. But it appears to be modeled after a classic American Ford or Mercury estate car, is that right?
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

not too shabby.....wish there were more photos, and more content in general...but the design is pretty unique....
QUOTE Thanks
design2

hey thanks for the feedback.
heres another site jarred has just done recently and would like some feedback

http://www.jiraffesolutions.com/
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

Both sites have good typography. The first has colors that I'm not crazy about, but they aren't bad. The second I do like.

My only comment is that the first one doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense with regard to what the site is about.

Also, i think having the background color not the same as the foreground would help, just in order to build some more page contrast.
QUOTE Thanks
TylerMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDreugan
Both sites have good typography. The first has colors that I'm not crazy about, but they aren't bad. The second I do like.

My only comment is that the first one doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense with regard to what the site is about.

Also, i think having the background color not the same as the foreground would help, just in order to build some more page contrast.
What Rob Dreugan said is right! (reference to Blazing Sadles)
-but really, he makes very good points.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My Site (ChiefCodeMonkey) | site pages have jumbled gifs on mac I.E. »