New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Web Design and Hosting Creating sites, scripting, and hosting discussions.

PHP form with html?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

design2

ive done a tested php form , as a basic intro to php, still on the first few pages..but i want to edit the text color and other properties.

my form page is fine because its done in html, but the feedback page where it has the php response text is default text. I dont know where to put
the properties.

my code is:

<?php // Script 3.4 - handle_form.php

// This page recieves the data from feedback.html

// It will recieve: title, name, email, response, comments and submit.

print " Thank You " . $_POST['title'] . $_POST['name'] . " for your comments. <br />";
print "Your " . $_POST['response'] . " response stated: <p>" . $_POST['comments'];
?>
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

You can enter HTML underneath the PHP you've written. So just take out the print "" lines, close the php and make your html document from there. When you want to use the form data in the page (like to print their name) just open a php tag and put what you like. There are lots of ways of doing it

eg.

<?php

mail the data

?>

<html> etc... <body>
<?php print "Thanks " . $POST['name]; ?>

[or:]
Thanks <?php echo $POST['name]; ?>
</body>
</html>

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Or my favorite:

<?php

mail the data

?>

<html> etc... <body>
<?='Thanks '.$POST['name]?>

[or:]
Thanks <?=$POST['name]?>
</body>
</html>

Which cuts back on the code a bit
QUOTE Thanks
design2

cool thanks guys, still learning..
god it took me awhile to get started until i learned my register_globals was off and the tutorial i was following was old and all there $examples i had to write as {$_POST['example']} . php is abit tricky to learn. i mean i aint even into databases yet.

Design2
QUOTE Thanks
design2

Hey i made a small form and have made the php,
and its responding, like it gives me the echo commands,
but its not sending emails, what have i done wrong?
Please Help, Thanks

<?php
$subject = "Ebesign Comment" ;
$from = $_POST["form_email"] . "\n";
$name = $_POST['form_name'] . "\n";

$to = "liamlorigan@woosh.co.nz";

$message = $_POST['form_message'] . "\n";
mail($subject, $from, $name, $to, $message);
echo "To: " . $to . "<br />";
echo "Subject: " . $subject . "<br />";
echo "Message: " . $message . "<br />";
echo "From: " . $name . "<br />";
?>
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

PHP.net is your best friend!

bool mail ( string to, string subject, string message [, string additional_headers [, string additional_parameters]])

<?php
mail("joecool@example.com", "My Subject", "Line 1\nLine 2\nLine 3");
?>

<?php
mail("nobody@example.com", "the subject", $message,
"From: webmaster@{$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']}\r\n" .
"Reply-To: webmaster@{$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']}\r\n" .
"X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion());
?>

So in other words:

$subject = "Ebesign Comment" ;
$from = $_POST["form_email"];
$name = $_POST['form_name'];
$to = "liamlorigan@woosh.co.nz";

$headers = "From: $from\r\n" . "Reply-To: $from\r\n" . "X-Mailer: PHP/" . phpversion());

mail ($to, $subject, $message, $headers)

Cheers!
QUOTE Thanks
design2

hey much appreciation Murlyn, that worked. but i foundd my problem i forgot a ; dont u hate that? so i got my form running on my server, but my computer has to be on and apache running for the php to work yeah, so my new question is do you know any free php hosting place?
Oh and Murlyn, have u done a php? if so, whats the url, id like to see what you can do..

Design2
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Ok well.. don't laugh at my site because I just don't have time to work on it, but if you go to http://www.baskettcase.com you'll see a list of some of the stuff that I have done. I can't show you the administration for then though since they are my clients and I can't give certain business secrets away But most of those urls' have a really nice backend on them. the HawaiiHealthGuide one, is only one file per page, for 6 different domains.. which is pretty smooth I thought

Anyways have fun!
QUOTE Thanks
design2

Murlyn: you must be a good programmer/ coder.

hey i found a free php host, no banners or anything, the server is a little slow but thats ok , the url is http://www.siriusdns.net/ setup Demo account. dont know how long for though.. i got mine at www.ebesign.siriusdns.net and the php works through their servers so it doesnt depend on running your own server and keeping it online.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Well it is what I do for a living, so hopefully I am pretty decent at it Good luck with all of that!
QUOTE Thanks
design2

how do i close a thread i started?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

You can't
QUOTE Thanks
design2

what why? so all the threads, eva posted just stick around in the database and waste space? well thats stupid. sort it out mac-forums.com

Design2
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

This is very interesting thread Design2: The mods can close or merge threads as needed, no worries!
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

design2, if we close threads they're still in the database. It'd just appear as normal except nobody would be able to post in them.

If, on the other hand you're suggesting we delete threads to get them out of the database, what happens when somebody has a similar question to yours? Should we have to go through the whole thing again? Surely it would be a better idea to keep old threads around. And we're not exactly running out of space...

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« invisible cookie page counter | My Site (ChiefCodeMonkey) »